Roundcube - well this is odd

crp

Have roundcube installed on systems with dovecot and sendmail.

Signing in and getting messages and creating new emails, no issues.

But not only can I not reply to or forward emails, if a message is copied and pasted into a new email message Roundcube will not send the message. 

In all 3 cases, just the mouse cursor / indicator circle going around in circles. Even waited more than 5 minutes before close the window.

Edited by crp

securitybreach

It sounds like your SMTP address/port isn't correct. You can receive email because your IMAP/POP3 is correct. I would start by double-checking your SMTP address/port.

SMTP is used to receive email

IMAP/POP3 is used to send email.

SMTP is used to send email

IMAP/POP3 is used to receive mail

V.T. Eric Layton
2 hours ago, securitybreach said:

You have that backwards, Boss.

SMTP - simple mail transport protocol --> for sending email

POP3/IMAP - post office protocol/internet message access protocol --> for receiving email

However, that being corrected, your advice for CRP to check SMTP server information is excellent advice. :)

Man! You really gotta' stop trying to type on that phone. Your brain works much better at your keyboard on your regular system. ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, securitybreach said:

It sounds like your SMTP address/port isn't correct. You can receive email because your IMAP/POP3 is correct. I would start by double-checking your SMTP address/port.

SMTP is used to send email

IMAP/POP3 is used to receive mail

Why would brand new email that i compose work then?

drats, nothing. log doesn't populate with anything and set the debug level to 4 but no error displayed to user.

Just this in lower right of browser window image.png.a39d618bdbf9fe67fb98478efc094a29.png

and just double checked - a newly composed email goes out just fine. forwarding and reply do not.

Edited by crp

Problem source found, and it is a doozy.

The "spellcheck when sending" was hanging up when not doing an original from scratch composing of a message.

Turned off that option and now able to forward and reply.

• +1 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Excellent, @crp!

That's interesting. Sometimes, buggies can be something quite simple and unexpected. I went round and round here a couple months back trying to figure out why FF was acting strangely on these forums, but no where else. Turned out a minor change I had made to my agent string in FF was causing the problem here.

• Agree 1