graphic card prices just went up

crp

That would be quite a haul. I wonder how many units there were in the lorry ? An I bet unlike other heists they can charge folk more than the retail price for the stolen units. 🏴‍☠️

Prices going up is not a given - unless users unwisely go the scalper route. EVGA will recover the loss through insurance - either their own or the trucking company's insurance. 

With the value involved in, law enforcement will be all over this. And if there is any suspicion the stolen products cross state lines, the FBI will jump in. 

What I am curious about is, did the bad guys know what was in the truck? And if so, how? Was it an inside job? 

I think it would be a good idea if EVGA published a list of serial numbers for the stolen cards. 

• 8 months later...

Hello,

Some (or all?) of the cards ended up being sold overseas, according to https://www.pcmag.com/news/months-after-heist-stolen-evga-graphics-cards-appear-in-vietnam.

In better news, the supply of video cards has been steadily increasing, leading to more availability and prices coming down to MSRP levels, although that's a bit of a misnomer since in some cases MSRPs were adjusted upwards over the past two years during the shortages.  Still, all of this, coupled with Intel getting ready to enter the video card market, should help ensure that prices continue to become more reasonable.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky