An ailing pihole...

wa4chq

Greetings all.  A few months ago I setup a Raspberry Pi Zero to run PiHole.  It helps to block unwanted ads and up until this morning it was doing fine.  I'm not sure what happened, but I noticed yesterday the internet appeared to be slowing down.  It took longer than normal to connect to something.  Long story short, this morning I could not connect.  I suspect it has to do with maybe the Zero failing???  Besides my laptop, the other wireless devices that lost internet connection was a Pi I use for Ham radio, a Pi for a music server,  one for spotting planes (piaware) and a Pi just to mess with....as if I really need it...lol.  Anyway, it took a bit of time to sort everything out starting at the wifi and working on down the line.  I'm just glad the internet is up and running.  Back to the Zero, I tried other sd cards configured with the correct wifi info but it was not being detected when using FING, a network scanner ap I have on my phone.  I'll look at it later.....  Have a great day everyone!

securitybreach

That is odd. My RPi has been running Pihole for a few years now without any issues. I have had to reboot it once in a great while bu that is about it.

50 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

That is odd. My RPi has been running Pihole for a few years now without any issues. I have had to reboot it once in a great while bu that is about it.

It is strange.  Not that it would make any difference (I wouldn't think) but which pi are you using?

Yeah, this Zero is new to the collection of Pi's I have.  I just finished testing it using another card from a working pi...and there isn't anything wrong with the Zero.  So something on the pihole sd card is funky.  I may just scrap the pihole and find another use for the Zero.  I have two bird feeders out and maybe I could set up some sort of bird cam.  I bought a camera years ago for my first pi.  I was messing with time-lapse photography...which was pretty cool.  Actually I reckon I could do that for the bird cam.  When I first started messing with time-lapse photography, I would have to pull the card to get the images but since I have access to WiFi I wouldn't have to, I could access it using SSH. 

• Like 1