Can we talk hamburgers?

i get putting tomatoes into a burger.

I get putting ketchup into a burger.

what i don't get is putting tomatoes and ketchup into a burger.

for those of you who do, why both?

securitybreach

I do not dislike ketchup or mustard but I do not put condiments on burgers. I'll do lettuce, tomato and lots of onions but no sauce. Not on burgers but hot sauce is my main condiment.

13 minutes ago, crp said:

i get putting tomatoes into a burger.

I get putting ketchup into a burger.

what i don't get is putting tomatoes and ketchup into a burger.

for those of you who do, why both?

Mayo on the burger, ketchup on the fries.  Though I do like ketchup on a hamburger steak with gravy.

securitybreach

I dislike mayo so much that I can't even wipe it off a sandwich, I would rather throw it away. I know most people like a little but I can't stand it.

3 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

I dislike mayo so much that I can't even wipe it off a sandwich, I would rather throw it away. I know most people like a little but I can't stand it.

I love it.  I even make my own from time to time.  I'd do it more often but living alone it tends to spoil before I can eat it all.  No preservatives other than the vinegar.

37 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

I do not dislike ketchup or mustard but I do not put condiments on burgers. I'll do lettuce, tomato and lots of onions but no sauce. Not on burgers but hot sauce is my main condiment.

Uh... Picked up some fast food burgers yesterday. Well, I don't eat much meat anymore, and I hadn't had a burger in a very long time. I wasn't feeling so great after, and now I think I'm done with hamburgers for good. But... green chile cheeseburgers... well, I'm addicted to green chiles since moving here to New Mexico...

securitybreach

I mainly just eat meat and vegetables with most meals so the burgers are usually cooked on my grill. I may get a whopper once every couple of months.

I prefer slow food burgers. Had this one the other day from my local Grill'd restaurant:

Summer Sunset

2780kJ

Grass-fed beef pattie with crispy bacon, charred pineapple, avocado, cos lettuce, tomato, Spanish onion, relish & herbed mayo.

Except I chose the sourdough panini bun. Yum! 😋 No ketchup!

BEEF-Summer-Sunset-Trad-1500x1200px.jpg

securitybreach
2 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I like my burgers with A1 on them. :)

free-a1-steak-sauce-recipes.jpg

I like dipping fries into A1 or bbq sauces.

• Agree 1

Here's one for you. My grandmother did  not like tomatoes. She refused to eat them. My mom always grew tomatoes but couldn't give any to her mother. And yet, my grandmother used ketchup. I don't remember what she put on a hamburger. She was more of a hot dog with chili lover.

• +1 1