Elsa - Tropical Storm (Possibly CAT 1 Hurricane)

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

OK, folks...

It's that time of year. I have a T-Storm (soon possibly hurricane) Elsa coming up my arse here in Tampa. Within a few hours, I'll probably be without power for ??? Who knows how long? It may take the power company a couple days to cut away fallen trees and fix downed lines. So, that being said... if you don't see me online for a while, you'll know what's happened.

Y'all take care now...

~Eric

h_xm0.jpg

*Click the radar image above for Live radar.

V.T. Eric Layton

It's been mellow so far. It'll peak in my area about 3AM. Figures... these storms are like horror movie monsters; they always come at night. ;)

• Agree 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Now, since the forward speed has increase, I'm looking at peak winds around midnight through 1 or 2AM, but that probably won't be that strong for folks as far inland as I am. It's the coast that's getting the brunt of this weird little storm. Hope the mild prognostications of the local meteorologists holds true for my area.

So far (22:12hrs EDT), I've only had a few sprinkles and some light breezes. Summer afternoon thunderstorms are a LOT worse than this. It should intensify a bit in another hour or so, though. The storm is physically getting close. Fortunately, it's small, and it's strongest (most winds and rain) component are on its north side. I'm east of it. If this were a strong CAT 2, well-defined character storm, it would be a LOT worse on this east side.

I'm just above the "S" in the word Skytower on the upper right side of this image. Looks like just some light rains coming my way. The ugly wind and rain is offshore and to the west of me at this time.

n_xm0.jpg

I'll keep hanging on.... 3zWdKZA.gif

Hopefully, the electricity stays on. It sucks without electricity!

Toodles for now...

~Eric

V.T. Eric Layton

Elsa all gone.

It was a quite mild experience for me... some moderate rains and couple stiff breezes. That was it. YAY! I'm not complaining. :)

• Like 1
  • +1 2

V.T. Eric Layton

I should have said, "Elsa all gone from my area". It's still dumping some serious rains on folks as it moved north through Florida.

Glad you made it through, Eric. We had thunderstorms here yesterday afternoon and last night that might well have been more destructive than Elsa when she breezes by (hopefully). Still tens of thousands without power, luckily not me though. More storms today but not forecast to be as severe.

• Agree 1

V.T. Eric Layton

It's been a bit cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy again along with some occasional sprinkles today and a nice westerly (off the Gulf) breeze making things nice and hot and muggy. Back to normal FL summertime, it looks like. I'm waiting for the yard to dry up some and then I'll be out there picking up the little miscellaneous tree branches that have fallen here and there. I also need to put all my chimes back out. I took them down yesterday before the storm. They're all hanging from the ceiling inside my workshop right now. ;)

• Like 2