John McAfee Dies

raymac46

securitybreach

They claimed he hung himself over the extradition but he had an appeal. He has been fighting the US government for over decade and said it was all a political thing. He was 75 and probably would of died within 10 years anyway. This is guy was far from depressed and straight up loved drugs, women and guns. This guy was a survivor in every way, I highly doubt he took his own life. He has been to prison multiple times, escaped, was wanted for murder, etc. etc. He is not going to kill himself because of an extradition ruling with a chance of appeal.

He tweeted this in October 2020

Mmar5CS.png

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1316801215083225096

The whole thing makes zero sense. There are only two actual possibilities, he was straight up murdered or he faked his death. Knowing John, those are the only real answers to this. Too bad that we will never know.

A , fortunately, unique individual. Lots of "fun" but really only room for one of his type at a time. 

When someone asks "who" i said "an American spirit. A bit smart, a bit whacky, a bit innovative and a selfmade man in every sense."

After the blank stare i get into how he kickstarted AV and then went off to his own political island.

securitybreach

Well amazing enough he infected himself with a virus and managed to build the first antivirus in one day. He was so smart that even when on a massive amount of drugs, we was able to excel.

Hello,

There's no terabytes of hidden files, no conspiracies, and he wasn't murdered.

Mr. McAfee very much lived his life on his own terms.  This was his way of ensuring it, that's all.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Thanks 1
  • +1 3

I remember the first time I heard of McAfee antivirus. We had a local plant network that got totally infected by the FunLove virus. Every time we cleaned it up, someone would come back from vacation, turn on a PC and reinfect us all.

We had to install McAfee to get rid of FunLove once and for all. Memories.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

-- NOTE FROM AN ADMIN --

OK, folks... this topic could easily ignite into ugly debate. Let's not let that happen. One poster has their opinion; another poster has theirs, also. Anything further than this would be wild speculation, which often leads to anger and argument. Let's not do this here at Scot's.

Thank you, and have a nice day! :)

--- End Public Service Announcement ---

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Yes an interesting read. Well said, Aryeh. Thanks Corrine for posting the link. I never would have stumbled across this on my own.

• Like 2
  • +1 1

Hello,

Thank you. 

By the way, there is a little "easter egg" in that photo of Mr. McAfee.  On his desk you can see a blue-and-white box fir Norton Utilities.  It had a very nice disk editor.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...