Back to the 1950s

raymac46

Here's a screenshot of my latest steam loco (a 4-6-0 general purpose engine) as it may have looked in the Midwest in the 1950s. This is with the latest train sim I have as well.

2021-06-01-101152.jpg

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Reminds me of the little engine that pulled my Lionel train around that big oval track on that 4' X 8' sheet of plywood that my dad set up for me back in the early 60s. I can still remember that humming transformer and the smell it gave off when it heated up. :)

s-l640.jpg

abarbarian
19 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I'd like to go with you.

If I go I'll post pictures. If I go and me sister drops out you'd be welcome to ride along. 😎

• Thanks 1

V.T. Eric Layton

If I had a few thousand pocket change lying around, I'd be on a plane over in a jiff. ;)

I was planning a Europe trip in early 2020 which obviously didn't happen. After watching a number of episodes of "Great British Railway Journeys" and its European counterpart, I'm leaning toward a rail-based holiday when/if Europe travel finally opens up safely again. I did originally plan to buy a Eurail Pass anyway.

abarbarian
11 hours ago, sunrat said:

I was planning a Europe trip in early 2020 which obviously didn't happen. After watching a number of episodes of "Great British Railway Journeys" and its European counterpart, I'm leaning toward a rail-based holiday when/if Europe travel finally opens up safely again. I did originally plan to buy a Eurail Pass anyway.

Look and drool.   😎

11 minutes ago, abarbarian said:

We have steam trains here in Australia. This one runs every weekend except closed last week maybe till next week as we suddenly have 50 cases of COVID-19 in Melbourne so new lockdown. Route is through the beautiful Dandenong Ranges just on the edge of the greater city area.
https://puffingbilly.com.au/

abarbarian
9 minutes ago, sunrat said:

We have steam trains here in Australia. This one runs every weekend except closed last week maybe till next week as we suddenly have 50 cases of COVID-19 in Melbourne so new lockdown. Route is through the beautiful Dandenong Ranges just on the edge of the greater city area.
https://puffingbilly.com.au/

If I won the lottery I would travel on all the classic train routes world wide. 😋

• Agree 2