Printer re-installation help, please

SueD

That's another problem. We've been doing work on the house and heaven knows where manuals went.

I did have this thing printing last summer when I bought it.

sue@sudevlin:~$ sudo lpinfo -l -v |  perl -ne 'print if /^Device: uri = socket:/ .. /info/'
[sudo] password for sue: 
sue@sudevlin:~$ 

[sudo] password for ray: 
Device: uri = socket://192.168.1.250:9100
        class = network
        info = ENVY Photo 7100 All-in-One Printer series
Here's mine. Your wifi printer is not being recognized on the network. Do you have another Linux machine?

I managed to print off a configuration report and a network report. 

Wireless Network Configuration

Wireless: On

Network Name (SSID): It's not what I put in unless it's what Ontarioeast has it listed

Hang on, I may know what the problem is...

The wifi on my all-in-one modem stopped working a few weeks ago so I added my old wifi router to the modem and had to switch all my passwords. Could it be something as simple as that? When setting up the printer this weekend past, I did put in the updated password but it looks like it didn't take.

You have to put in the proper SSID and gateway IP on the printer, as well as the new password for the router. In my case the SSID would be the name of my network, the gateway is 192.168.1.1 and the password is the one I use to connect any wifi gadget like a PC, phone or tablet. Also make sure that the old modem is not handing out dhcp addresses or broadcasting wifi.

If the printer is configured properly you should be able to put http://192.168.1.250 or whatever its IP address is in a browser and see all its information.

Why didn't your ISP give you a new gateway if the wifi on the old one failed?

Why didn't your ISP give you a new gateway if the wifi on the old one failed?

I haven't told them yet. I've had to deal with techs for phone and internet too much in the past year. I don't want to talk to anyone anymore.

2 hours ago, SueD said:

I give up. Used my phone to access my wifi router but can't get in when I don't remember the password.

Thanks Josh and Ray.

There should be a reset button on the router to put it back to its original settings, and that password should be listed on the router's support web site.  It will also reset the wifi password and SSID to the ones printed on the router itself.

Edited by Bookmem

To be honest I think the whole problem might go away if you just got a new gateway from your ISP and started over. I don't know what else to suggest.