Fran (lilbambi) passed away

securitybreach

securitybreach

I do not know any of the details but I just found out that Fran (lilbambi) passed away. RIP

I do not know the exact date but I was told that the obituary said the 16th. The last time  that she was in chat was the 15th.

I will post more whenever I get more info.

• Sad 3

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm sad. I hope that somewhere in the stream of time in this universe, Fran has found her Jim again.

Also, I thought it odd that whoever created the above obituary did not even mention Fran's lifelong love... Jim. :(

• +1 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Note: I'm going to login to the Admin page here and change Fran's status to Admin Emeritus. She truly deserves that honor!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

securitybreach
3 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Note: I'm going to login to the Admin page here and change Fran's status to Admin Emeritus. She truly deserves that honor!

Agreed :thumbsup: 

Yeah, I also find it odd that they didn't mention JL as he was the most the important person in her life.

V.T. Eric Layton

I cannot apologize for this enough, but when attempting to move Fran from Admin to Admin Emeritus, I accidentally deleted her original account. I'm still not even sure how this happened. I've created an replacement account called LilBambi (Fran) which now has Admin Emeritus status. None of Fran's contributions here at Scot's will be lost. They're still attributed to her in the forums as LilBambi.

I'm sorry. :(

___

Also, some websites that I had in my bookmarks related to Fran:

LilBambi's Home Page

and

LilBambi's Blog (one of them, anyway)

V.T. Eric Layton

IT SUCKS!

I tried to backtrack and see how it happened. I was removing her from the standard Admin group when it happened. There wasn't even a pop-up warning or anything. Weird. Still SUCKS! And I am sorry. I'm just very glad that her content is still here and visible on the board. Unfortunately, it doesn't show her Admin Emeritus status. It shows her as a Guest. :(

3 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Also, I thought it odd that whoever created the above obituary did not even mention Fran's lifelong love... Jim. :(

Indeed. Maybe not the Fran we know.

Unbelievable and infinitely sad. She was one of the brightest spots left in my life. She will be deeply missed by anyone who knew her. 

• Like 3

Cluttermagnet

...like a world that's lost its ears and eyes...

(2:25)

My mind begins to wander

Way out yonder I can see

A brand new star has now been born

To make things warm and bright for you and me...

(1:40)

Fran, thank you for making my life a little brighter. You'll be missed, Dear Friend.

I believe you would want me to celebrate your life, not to hold a wake. And I do,

very much so...

In a world going mad all around us, there are points of light- and you were one

of those brighter places. You'll be missed...

I've felt sadness all day. I've been near tears- and I'm reminded me how keenly I

miss my own partner, Betty. But I will go on. I celebrate her life- and I celebrate

you too, DF.

Cluttermagnet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKXYjrS3J7g

R-1598351-1430350993-5154.png.jpg&f=1&no

:sorcerer:  :star:  :hug:

Edited by Cluttermagnet
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is sad indeed. I had no idea. In fact, she even "liked" one of my photos on Flickr back in the spring. One thing I missed here was her sense of humour.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 11/21/2020 at 8:48 AM, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I cannot apologize for this enough, but when attempting to move Fran from Admin to Admin Emeritus, I accidentally deleted her original account. I'm still not even sure how this happened. I've created an replacement account called LilBambi (Fran) which now has Admin Emeritus status. None of Fran's contributions here at Scot's will be lost. They're still attributed to her in the forums as LilBambi.

I'm sorry. :(

___

Also, some websites that I had in my bookmarks related to Fran:

LilBambi's Home Page

and

LilBambi's Blog (one of them, anyway)

Actually I like that better.

Man, 2020 really does suck.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say this came as a shock to me. I remember Fran as a warm hearted friend, always in for a little joke but also there when you needed her for advice, help or just a couple of words. 

• Like 4

V.T. Eric Layton

Hello, Ron. It's a sad thing we're discussing in this thread, but it is a good thing to see you alive and kickin' still. :)

• Agree 1