GGLE "trick" does not make me happy

crp

V.T. Eric Layton

Yes. I read about this elsewhere this morning. I use Firefox, but I do have Chromium installed on my Slack as a backup browser.

Firefox works great for nearly everything so no Chrome here. I have Chromium for one site which doesn't play nice in FF. I use DuckDuckGo for search, or sometimes Startpage which is Google with the Google kool-aid removed. Slowly moving other things like email to non-Google services. I don't trust them any more. I don't trust any company which has dominant market share. Would never buy from Amazon - why contribute money to the richest person on earth? 👿

McCarthy reached out to Google for comment, and the search giant claimed it was an innocent mistake.

Mistake my arse. No wonder they dropped their "don't be evil" motto.

• Like 1

securitybreach

I use Chromium with DDG.

I always have packages on the way from amazon. I have three things coming this week. I buy everything but alcohol and food from amazon. Why not? Everything is there with tons of reviews and great deal. A lot of stuff comes from amazon but a majority are sellers who sell their items on amazon.

I won't buy anything without reading tons of reviews. Cheap or expensive

You're just contributing to the mass corporatisation of the world. It's a global phenomena. In Australia a huge amount of retail is controlled by a handful of megacorporations and I believe the US is the same. The demise of little local stores where you can get personal service and see and touch items before buying is most depressing IMO.

I know it's all about efficiency and does create minor savings to consumers. But I saw a doco on Amazon supply warehouse work conditions once and they are treated like slaves and have a high ratio of mental issues and burnout. So basically it encourages modern slavery for the sake of a few bucks. You should read your sig sometimes, SB; it becomes more true every day.

• Like 1