NEXTINSPACE read all about it ------------

abarbarian

Print Latest Space Events With Nextinspace In Terminal

Curious to know what's happening in Space? Wondering when is a satellite or a spaceflight is going to be launched? Try Nextinspace, a command line program to print latest Space events in Terminal. Nextinspace uses Launch Library 2 API to fetch the details of upcoming Space-related events and orbital launches. All from command line! It is written in Python programming language and released under GPL-3.0 License.

There is a AUR package for Arch.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nextinspace/

Screenshot of three different ways to show "launch" data.

BKWfK88.png

Showing next five events,

BUD5ILh.png

Showing next five launches including a TOP SECRET one. 😱

SUvmVvb.png

Enjoy. 😎

• +1 1

Strange ----- I can see no mention of the Icelandic launch in the Nextinspace lists 🤔

. Chicken nugget launched into space to celebrate Iceland’s 50th anniversary

Having reached peak altitude, it then headed back towards Earth at 200mph (322kph), with its parachute deploying at around 62,000ft (19,000m) to enable a safe landing.

The altitude reached was reported to be equivalent to the height of 880,000 Iceland chicken nuggets.

Amazon are thinking of using this method for home delivery of nuggets. 🤣

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 11:24 PM, ichase said:

I bet there is a way to use that in Conky  ;)  I am a big follower of space exploration.  I like this.

If you can not find a way to make conky display the information easily a simple script and cron job or a systemd customised .service would be easy enough to do. Outputing the information from nextinspace to a transparent terminal displayed in a given spot on the desktop and updated daily should be simple enough. 🤓

• Agree 1