Post Your Cellphone Home Page Screenshot

V.T. Eric Layton

• V.T. Eric Layton pinned this topic
V.T. Eric Layton

Meh... maybe. :)

If you really wanted to be cool, though, you'd have a wallpaper that looked like this:

659511_arch-linux-wallpapers-wallpapers-

• +1 1

securitybreach

There are a few apps that allow you to run lots of distros on android but you aren’t actually replacing android. Here are a few 

• To install Linux on Android without root:
    • Debian Noroot
    • UserLAnd
    • AndroNix

Most offer a lot of distros to choose from and they download the image and such through the app. I remember Slackware being available as well.

• +1 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh, don't worry. I'm not going to try it. I don't want to brick my phone before I've had it a week. Heck, I was nervous installing Nova Launcher last night. ;)

• 1 year later...

I have an old Nexus 6 and here is the wallpaper on it. I don't profess to know how to use all the modules included but I did figure out how to install it on the phone. 

Kali-on-Nexus-6.png

• +1 1

securitybreach
4 minutes ago, xrobwx71 said:

I have an old Nexus 6 and here is the wallpaper on it. I don't profess to know how to use all the modules included but I did figure out how to install it on the phone. 

Kali-on-Nexus-6.png

Neat. I played around with Net Hunter years ago.

• Like 1

Since I recently (as in 16 Nov) replaced my old Windows Phone with a Samsung Galaxy A42 5G, I installed the Microsoft Launcher to help make the transition easier for me.  I also opted to install the Bing Wallpaper App so the wallpaper changes daily to match the image on the Bing home page.  Today at Bing, it is the Aurora borealis.

• Like 2
  • +1 1

I don't like distracting wallpaper so for years, I kept the default. But an android newsletter I get weekly now boasts of wallpaper Wednesdays. They have 5 or 6 selections. I found one I like and this is now my screen.  I tend to go for beach scenes in the dark winter days.

ME5QNU2_t.png

• Like 1
  • +1 1

securitybreach
19 hours ago, Corrine said:

Since I recently (as in 16 Nov) replaced my old Windows Phone with a Samsung Galaxy A42 5G, I installed the Microsoft Launcher to help make the transition easier for me.  I also opted to install the Bing Wallpaper App so the wallpaper changes daily to match the image on the Bing home page.  Today at Bing, it is the Aurora borealis.

Funny enough, I have only known 2 people AFK that used a window's phone. By that point, I do not know how they thought they could compete with Android and Apple. In the end, it didn't work out for them but they were early players in the mobile game. I loved my IPAQ and if they would of stayed in the market, I bet they would be one of the top players.

37 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

Funny enough, I have only known 2 people AFK that used a window's phone.

As it turns out, I won my first smartphone in a contest I hadn't even realized I had entered!  Microsoft Safety Online had a "Safer Internet Day Twitter Party" where they Tweeted questions which I replied to and, without my knowledge, entered the contest and won a Windows phone.  That was in 2014 and it replaced my old flip phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • +1 1