Your Oldest Windows 10 PC

raymac46

What is your oldest PC running Wiindows 10? Mine is a 2012 era Acer Veriton desktop with a quad core Sandy Bridge i5. This machine originally ran Windows 7 Pro and got upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. It has been extensively upgraded as well - 16 GB of RAM, power supply, video card, SSD. It's an excellent desktop and very snappy. My wife uses it all the time and never complains about stability or performance. I run both ESET and Malwarebytes on it and they coexist well.

I had a 2014 Lenovo Flex2 laptop that used to run Windows 10 but when I upgraded to an SSD I installed MX Linux instead. The Lenovo ran Windows 10 OK except its wifi drivers were buggy and I had problems with dropping the connection. With Linux I get to use the ath9k driver and don't have a problem.

Windows 10 has its uses - especially games. I find it's the best version yet. If it comes preinstalled on new hardware I'll use it. 

Hello,

I tried installing a beta version before it was released on a ThinkPad T43p, purchased in 2005.  It worked, but was very slow and only had the basic VGA driver.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Thanks 1

I also have a Thinkpad T430 but I got it as a refurbished machine to run Linux. That one was set up with Windows 10 (I assume it originally ran Windows 7.) Lenovo didn't support Windows 10 on this Thinkpad but I am pretty sure the essential stuff would have worked OK. I didn't try - simply reformatted the SSD and installed Debian.

My refurbished T420 also came with win10. I barely used it before wiping and installing OpenSuse, but it seemed to run reasonably. Laptop had been upgraded to 12GB mem and had an SSD, so that probably helped.

• +1 1