Reporting some problems

zlim

frapper sent me a PM at another site. He has tried FF and FF ESR here and it locks up both browsers. This happened this morning and this afternoon.

I had problems this morning. I'm using Palemoon and tried to paste an image I put on Imgur in the funny picture thread. I'd try and paste and absolutely nothing happened. Then I tried to paste from the edit menu and got a popup telling me I had to use ctrl+V which I was trying to use with no results.

I had no cursor showing in the reply box so I was unable to type anything. I'd get a weird black line about some editor.

Someone my reply posted and i ended up with 4 pictures and part of the imgur url. I then had to edit out what I didn't want to show.

Tried it in Vivaldi and SRware Iron browsers. Both Chrome-based. I'm in Win7 and on cable. It takes about 25 seconds for the entire page to completely load and get a cursor. Both those browsers seem more immune to "the glitch". When using FF ESR and regular FF (latest both) it locks the tab and freezes the whole browser. I end up forcing it closed. No idea what might be causing it. Today was the first day for it. Sorry I can't give you more.

I'm using FF, lastest version OpenSuSE has pushed. I'm not seeing any difference in performance from other days. It's a puzzle. Have you installed any new FF add-ons? But that doesn't explain the s-l-o-w loading on other browsers. :hmm:

securitybreach

That is very odd as I paste images almost daily from Linux and Windows using both Chrome/Chromium, Edge and Firefox without any issues. I am using firefox on linux now and just posted an image in the Funniest thread without any issues. 

It sounds like perhaps the machines have low specs and are hiccuping on javascript. I could be wrong but it sounds like it.

Not sure why, but it just started today. I can open 3 tabs at Scot's and it takes at least 30 seconds for all to load, and before I get any clickable link (in Vivaldi). I'll go back and try FF and FF ESR again. I doubt anything has changed. Maybe it's a Windows thing. Cleaned cache (repeatedly).  I'll try dumping the cookies.

securitybreach
37 minutes ago, frapper said:

Not sure why, but it just started today. I can open 3 tabs at Scot's and it takes at least 30 seconds for all to load, and before I get any clickable link (in Vivaldi). I'll go back and try FF and FF ESR again. I doubt anything has changed. Maybe it's a Windows thing. Cleaned cache (repeatedly).  I'll try dumping the cookies.

Well I keep at least 3 tabs pinned here at all times so I do not think it has anything to do with pinning it multiple times. And this is on Windows at work and Linux at home. 

I think I solved it. I told Liz that I suspected that my hated and despised NVIDIA video drivers on my Acer desktop were behind it. So far that seems to be correct. There were also problems trying to play Twitter and YouTube videos. Pretty simple stuff.

So I shut down, let it sit a while, and then cold-booted. Voila!  No frozen Scots, no loading problems, no circling videos, no locked up FF and FF ESR. no glitches. So sorry for the hassle, guys. And thanks, NVIDIA.    😠

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frapper said:

So I shut down, let it sit a while, and then cold-booted. Voila!  No frozen Scots, no loading problems, no circling videos, no locked up FF and FF ESR. no glitches.

Are you sure it wasn't throttling due to overheating? Sounds like possible symptoms. Maybe the graphics card/s are causing overheating. Have you opened it up and cleaned out all the dust and gunk lately?

I recall from Win 7 days many issues could be solved be turning it off and on again. I wouldn't be certain it had anything to do with graphics without further testing and diagnosis of logs, although I wouldn't be certain to discount it either.

• +1 2

No, the inside of the box is clean as a whistle. This is the first time it's ever done this. And it was gone after rebooting. It's still gone this morning. Probably something with part of a driver not loading or it had its knickers in a knot. All smooth now. It runs very cool. Thanks.