Need Site Help- How to Access Inbox?

Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet

Hi, All-

Could someone please tell me how to find my Inbox? I am trying to message someone

on Scot's who I should be able to PM and have indeed PM'ed with in the past.

Recently. It's a little obscure, BTW, how to do this. One is left to figure out that to PM,

you must go to "Staff". I assume this means I can't PM just any Scot's member, only Staff?

Anyway when I try that, I now get an error message telling me my Inbox is full. OK, fine,

I am willing to weed out old posts in my Inbox. Trouble is, I cannot find how to access

my own inbox- this after searching the site high and low on several occasions. In this

regard, Scot's can't be said to be 'user friendly'. I'd say it feels a little more like 'obscure'

or 'clunky'.

BTW in recent years changes to the site created another problem for me. The site wants

me to 'finish my Profile'. I don't have a Profile because this is something else I never

could figure out how to do- this despite considerable 'trying' before I eventually gave

up! Perhaps not having a Profile is causing my problems so far as my 'invisible'

Inbox? I see constant nags to finish my profile if I click on 'Clutter'.

I am not aware of any 'HowTo' on Scot's. Perhaps it exists, but I don't remember ever

seeing one.

Thanks, Clutter

(member since 2003, used to have one of those 'exclusive' member numbers in the 800's)

😉

securitybreach

At the top right of the page, click the icon that looks like a mail icon. Any member can PM any other member.

securitybreach

To access your profile, click your name/picture on the top right and choose profile from the dropdown. Then click the edit profile button on the top left of the next page:

iGEdP9s.png

Cluttermagnet

Thanks, Josh!

Hoo boy, looks like I do much better with real, english words, as opposed to icons...

I swear, the white envelope icon and the word "Mail" were essentially invisible

to me until just now. Go figure...

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet

securitybreach
2 minutes ago, Cluttermagnet said:

Thanks, Josh!

Hoo boy, looks like I do much better with real, english words, as opposed to icons...

I swear, the white envelope icon and the word "Mail" were essentially invisible

to me until just now. Go figure...

Clutter

Hehe, good deal