Making frozen Fettucini Alfredo edible.

Bookmem

Frozen Fettucini Alfredo isn't very appealing, IMO.  But making it from scratch for a single person, is hardly worth the effort.  So I buy the frozen, then, as Chef Emiril says, I "kick it up a notch".   I buy a lb of fresh, peeled shrimp and divide it into four portion.   I put three of the portions into ziplock bags, two for the freezer and one for the fridge.  The fourth I use for part of the "kick it up".  I put 2 tlbs of EVO and 3 pats of butter in a large skillet on medium high heat and add a heaping tsp of Italian seasoning.  I use the heal of one hand to ground it up in the palm of the other to release the flavor.  At the same time I put the frozen Alfredo in the microwave for 3 minutes.  I sprinkle the 1/4 lb of shrimp with Tony Chachere's creole seasoning and saute them in the skillet, along with a cup of frozen veggies.  I like the chopped cauliflower and brockley.  Then I add extra cheese to the Alfredo from the microwave and stir it into the shrimp and veggies  in the skillet.  This make enough for two meals for me.

• Like 1
  • +1 1

3 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Sounds delicious :thumbsup:

It is good, but the best part, for an old widower, is that it is quick and easy.😀

• +1 1

Cluttermagnet

It does sound delicious. I try to do something similar so there ends up being 'too much'.

It is a blessing to have a few ready to go meals like that!

I also like to jazz up some canned soup I get. I use Amy's, which is vegetarian and seems

to be good quality ingredients. I often add slices of fresh garlic, perhaps a little meat or

fish, and slices of fresh or frozen veggies like green pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

Ends up being enough for two bowls.

It's great to be able to reheat when I'm feeling tired/low energy.

Clutter

securitybreach
2 hours ago, Cluttermagnet said:

I also like to jazz up some canned soup I get. I use Amy's, which is vegetarian and seems

to be good quality ingredients. I often add slices of fresh garlic, perhaps a little meat or

fish, and slices of fresh or frozen veggies like green pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

Ends up being enough for two bowls.

It's great to be able to reheat when I'm feeling tired/low energy.

I LOVE Amy's soup but they do offer some with meat as well.

I buy plain old store brand soup but I have a good method of "kicking it up a notch".  I have a couple of nearby "family owned" supermarkets that make great creole and cajun "dips and salads".  I buy a pint of cajun "seafood salad" and when I heat up a bowl of soup, I add a couple of tablespoons of it.  Along with a sprinkling of Tony Cahchere's creole seasoning, it makes a great soup.