Remanufactured Ink Cartridges Any Good?

JerryM

My     Canon 6120 uses ink pretty fast. Remanufactured ink cartridges would save money, but are they acceptable? Experience?

Thanks, Jerry

I don't have any experience with Canon, but my use of remanufactured HP cartridges has been spotty at best. I have found that the HP Instant Ink offer works best for me.

14 hours ago, JerryM said:

My     Canon 6120 uses ink pretty fast. Remanufactured ink cartridges would save money, but are they acceptable? Experience?

Thanks, Jerry

I think it would depend upon what quality of printing you need.  I use cheap ink in my Canon MG2500 but about all I use it for is printing mailing labels.  Does a pretty good job of that. I have no idea what kind of quality I'd get with full color printing.

V.T. Eric Layton

For many years I used excellent quality re-manu'd cartridges from a place online called Ink Smile. I never had any issues with their products on my HP printers; customer service was top notch, also. I haven't dealt with them in a couple years, though. I'm pretty sure, from glancing at their page just now, that their selection and pricing is still pretty good. Give 'em a try. :)

I order from LD .

Two of our printers are so old that the carts are no longer carried in stores. I had a problem with 1 cart years ago that when I went to use it, it was dry. I told them and they replaced it.

I ordered a set from inksmile. Too soon to see if problems. However, I did not think of their being made in China. I won't buy items manufactured in China unless no other source.

Thanks for the help.

Regards, Jerry

V.T. Eric Layton
11 hours ago, JerryM said:

I did not think of their being made in China.

When I recommended them to you, @JerryM, I didn't realize they were importing carp from China. Back when I was using them regularly (3-5 years ago), the remanu'd carts were done here in the U.S. I guess they've expanded their business plan since then. Too bad. Thanks for letting me know, though. I won't be recommending them anymore.

Have a great day! :)

No, I don't.

You could drive to cartridge world and get a refilled cart.

https://cartridgeworld.com/

Our "local" one is a bad drive through heavy traffic in normal times so I didn't consider going there.

Unfortunately we are forced to deal with China whether we wish it or not.

Most of our prescriptions are made in China and unfortunately, you can't stop taking your meds when you are in your 70's.

Try and get a kitchen faucet or a shower head that isn't made in China.

V.T. Eric Layton

We're not supposed to get political here at Scot's, so I'll just say this...

Don't blame China. It wasn't their doing.

5 hours ago, zlim said:

No, I don't.

You could drive to cartridge world and get a refilled cart.

https://cartridgeworld.com/

Our "local" one is a bad drive through heavy traffic in normal times so I didn't consider going there.

Unfortunately we are forced to deal with China whether we wish it or not.

Most of our prescriptions are made in China and unfortunately, you can't stop taking your meds when you are in your 70's.

Try and get a kitchen faucet or a shower head that isn't made in China.

I agree we must deal with China now, but the President is changing that. When necessary I wil buy China products. However,I will pay more for US manufactured items to support America and US jobs. It may take a while  to get it all sorted out.

I like small flashlights to gift, and China makes most of them I think. So I buy Chinese l ights.

Thanks for the remarks.'Best regards,

Jerry

PS

Sorry Eric. I did not see your post re politics before I posted. Not discussing politics is a good rule. My apologies.

Best, Jerry

Edited by JerryM