Post your Linux hardware specs

securitybreach

These Atoms are now 10-12 years old and their architecture was based on a slow low powered version of Intel's original Pentium technology. So I guess we shouldn't expect much. That said the netbook works fine as a light office system with Gnumeric and Abiword, and is perfect for testing out lighter desktops and WMs with Arch Linux. When I got it a few years ago it was already driving my neighbor crazy trying to run Windows 7 Starter. He replaced it with a Core i5.

• Agree 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I have one pinned tab (Pandora music) and 9 others currently open in FF. I don't usually have that many open, but first thing in the AM, when I come online, I click on links (newsletters) in my email and also open up unread replies/posts on two or three of my everyday forums. Once I've read all of them, I usually only have two or three tabs open from that point on for the rest of the day.

Right now I am on the Toshiba laptop using the GNOME Web browser. It is better than the heavyweights like Firefox and Chrome. I could at least post stuff here with it. This is with the Flux desktop on Arch Linux.

• +1 1