Pet Peeves: What Drives You Nuts?

Bookmem

Had the two original jabs early this year, followed by a booster mid year. Have a second booster on 23 rd September. Had no problems with any jab or the dreaded Covid. 😎

• +1 1

I actually had covid before the vax first became available.  But I was lucky.  I've been taking famotidine for years for heartburn and so my symptoms were fairly mild.  Particularly for someone my age.

Edited by Bookmem

Me first three jabs were with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Todays me fourth was the Moderna one which has been modified to cope with the latest strain of covid.

So far me arm has not dropped of. 😜

• 1 year later...
Bookmem

No way to report obvious scams on eBay. You can only report on a transaction you had with a seller. Right now there are a whole bunch of sellers selling tiny 2tb and above flash drives of under $12. They are ALL scams but I can't find any way to alert eBay to this fact. There are only two flash drives on Newegg with 2tb and both cost more than $120 and yet miracle of miracles, eBay has a 16tb flash drive for under $12.🥵

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Bookmem

I've expressed my peeve with modern fit men's clothes before but here is an example of why. Back in the 1980s I wrote a program for a men's store. Mr. Carl, the tailer for the store, was old back then, so I know he must be in his grave by now. But this image, with its wrinkled crotch and legs, must have him turning over in that grave.

23556366_fpx.jpg

abarbarian
13 hours ago, Bookmem said:

modern fit men's clothes

Bit of a misnomer there mate. Almost makes it seem like a description of something that is fit for purpose. c605e079572a57891a8998376e14b4a7.jpg&sp=th?id=OIP.bGBoVD42Bo7wIDtwcbPjigHaLH%26p

🤣

Bookmem
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Bit of a misnomer there mate. Almost makes it seem like a description of something that is fit for purpose. c605e079572a57891a8998376e14b4a7.jpg&sp=th?id=OIP.bGBoVD42Bo7wIDtwcbPjigHaLH%26p

🤣

When I click on that image, it is less than 1/2 inch square and I can't see what it is.

Edited by Bookmem

Use this cleaned up url

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c6/05/e0/c605e079572a57891a8998376e14b4a7.jpg

• Like 1

Bookmem
On 4/12/2024 at 3:46 AM, abarbarian said:

🤣

Tight pants for men went out of style with Beau Brummel in the early 1800s. Not only don't they drape properly, they are uncomfortable even standing. Unbearable while sitting. I don't even know what to call the weird things you pictured. Certainly not "dress pants".🤢