Send Anywhere or similar program ?

abarbarian

I want to send a large folder of photographs to a mate. I have a Drop Box account but it does not have much free space and their file limit is quite small. Also I do not fancy spending lots of time splitting up the large folder and  uploading loads of small files. I would rather just send the photos as one large file.

I found Send Anywhere which has a 10 GB file limit on their free service which would be ideal for my purpose. However I have never used the service and wondered if anyone had any real time experience with it.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions for sending a large folder which is easy to use.

Send Anywhere

Would anyone be willing to help me try out Send Anywhere with a test run ?

😎

Edited by abarbarian

securitybreach

What do you need done? Personally, I have had cloud storage accounts for years so I haven't used any free offering.

10 hours ago, securitybreach said:

I have fast speeds with plenty of bandwidth,  what do you want me to do?

Well I tried to upload a file by the Send a Link method,

Share files with link

Create a link when you can’t transfer files in real time or if you need to share files with multiple people. By using a link, you can also download files without any count limits during expiration time. And after the expiration date, it will be deleted. (For efficient use, a specific link with high data traffic may be blocked.)

but it stalled at the 250mb mark and told me to upgrade to their paid account to get more space/bandwidth. So it looks like that part of the service is capped.

There is a way to send via e-mail,

Attach large files to email

You can easily attach big files by using Chrome Extension, Outlook add-ins and Send Anywhere's website.

to use that I have to give the recipients e-mail. Not tried that so not sure if it would work with a large file.

You can send device to device but that just seems like a big black security hole to me.

An finally you can send instantly but you only get ten minutes to download the file. That ten minutes starts from me creating the download code so by the time I have got the code to you there would only be seven or eight minutes left. In other words we both have to be sat at our pc's at the same time and pray that our internet is fast enough. I'm up for that if we can coordinate but am not sure if it will do a large file in time that is if it is not capped like the Send a Link method.

😎

I agree with using Google Drive. I do that all the time with photos. Just upload and share your folder then your friend can download. Google has a free limit of 15GB.

• Like 1
  • +1 1