HP Deskjet prints blue circle

Purhonen

I would try cleaning the cartridge first using the technique in the manual or through your network connection to the printer, If that fails try cleaning around the edges of the cartridge with an isopropyl alcohol swab. Don't touch the copper plate in the cartridge.

Also check the rollers  in the paper transport mechanism to see if there's any ink on them, and if so try to clean that with your isopropyl alcohol on a lint free cloth. Refer to your manual for more details. I assume you have tried replacing the color cartridge already.

• Like 1

Copy something. Does the circle appear on that?

That test page is printed on paper that did something on the Chase site. Are you positive that the blue circle was not something on the Chase site? The chase menu is printed in blue at the top right.

I'm thinking something like this but printed entirely in blue

8Jwtbo8.png

Edited by zlim
  • Like 1

I agree with zlim. I don't think this has anything to do with dirty cartridges. If you look closely, and turn that pdf page 180° around, you will see an outline in the same shade of blue of a Zelle menu page. Zelle is a money transfer program used by many banks - in this case, Chase. 

If that blue circle and menu table were not on the paper before sending the test page to the printer, then it would seem that circle and table are "stuck" somewhere in the queue. 

Has she done a "cold" reboot of both the computer and printer? By "cold", I mean to completely shutdown Windows and the computer and then unplug the computer from the wall (or flip the computer power supply's master power switch - if it has one) for about 15 seconds or so. While unplugged, unplug the printer from the wall too. Then connect power and boot the computer. Then connect and power on the print and see if you still have the problem. 

The 5600 series printer has a front panel control panel. Check your manual to see how to print a test page directly from the printer and see if it prints correctly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...