The 10 Year Rule

raymac46

securitybreach
2 hours ago, raymac46 said:

1080p or 1080i works for me whether on a 15 inch screen or a 37 inch TV. I really don't have the deskspace for more than a 24 inch monitor. I have had cataract surgery so my vision is pretty good. The only gaming I do is with my Train Sims and they are fine at 1080p.

Most of my monitors are above 1080, well all but one. 2x 27" @ 1440p,  27" 2160p, 32" 1440, 24" 1080p and 55" 2160p tv..

8 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Most of my monitors are above 1080, well all but one. 2x 27" @ 1440p,  27" 2160p, 32" 1440, 24" 1080p and 55" 2160p tv..

To each his own.  Total waste of money IMHO.  Too bad the human eye can't really see that well. My new laptop has 1920x1080.  I have it set to 1600x900 and I view it from about 18".

Edited by Bookmem

securitybreach
16 minutes ago, Bookmem said:

To each his own.  Total waste of money IMHO.  Too bad the human eye can't really see that well.

Maybe not for you but luckily we are not all the same.

3AASjnq.jpg

2 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

Maybe not for you but luckily we are not all the same.

3AASjnq.jpg

Reminds me of back when I was in college and working as TV and Stereo tech.  Audiophiles spent gobs of money on equip that we had to use high priced instrument to measure.  Had one client with a pair of Maranzt speaker that got water damage from Betsy.  We repaired the speakers but one had a little discoloration on the bottom 1 inch of the grill.  He swore that speaker didn't sound right.  We had him come back a week later and listen again.  Still said the speaker sounded bad.  Only thing was we had switched the grills.  Isn't it grand what the human imagination can do?

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

HAHAHA! I have to laugh about your above post regarding the speakers. My career was component level repair of RF Communications equipment and hi-end Audio (consumer and professional use - radio stations, etc.). You and I could probably swap stories for hours about some of our escapades. ;)

As for the rest of this discussion... well, got no horse in this race. I'm outta' here...

#STAYHEALTHY, everyone!