It's Amazing

raymac46

If You want to try an excellent Canadian whiskey try Forty Creek - either Copper Pot or Barrel Select. Cheaper than Crown Royal and in my opinion just as good.

As far as Bourbon goes, I like Knob Creek.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Scotch? BLECH! I clean my paint brushes with that. ;)

The liquor cabinet is a bit bare today. I only have a partial Benchmark Ol' No. 8 (cheap stuff, not bad) and a partial Jack D. Single Barrel Select (OK, but prefer regular JD). Oh, and I'm all out of my pal's garage brewed bourbon, but I believe he's coming by this evening with a refill for me. I get free refills as long as I return his mason jars (and lids/seals). I can live with that. :)

Oh, and heard good things about Knob Creek... gonna' try that one soon.

knob_creek.png

The only Canadian Whiskey that I've ever had was called Canadian Mist. It was not too bad. :)

And to be honest, beggars can't be choosers and all that rot... these days, I'll drink anything brown. If it's free it's for me! :)

Hello,

There were all sorts of smartphones from companies like Blackberry, Nokia, Palm, etc., before Apple and Android appeared. They had apps, limited mobile web browsing on cellular data connections, and even touchscreens, although stylii were needed. A lot of the also had tiny keyboards or physical keypads.  They weren't bad for the time, and while I give Apple credit for shifting the market, they weren't the first company there.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 3/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, securitybreach said:

And the first smartphone (iphone 1) was only 13 years ago with the first android 14 years ago. Now almost every person on the planet has one, including tribes in the middle of the jungles where they were not even aware of other humans 20 years ago.

• Like 1

securitybreach

Well I didn't really consider those to be smartphones in the sense of actually having a fully functional computer like device with full internet access. I had an Ipaq and some others but they were very limited in what they could actually do. I consider those to be sort of a hybrid smartphone of sorts. Trust me, when I got the HTC Dream (G1) it was a game changer for me.

I am at my mother in law's place right now and posting on my smartphone. Although she is 90 she has a LAN. My brother in law put in a wifi gateway here for his kids. Go figure. 😉

My brother in law put in a wifi gateway here for his kids.

That's a plus.

Does your mother-in-law own a computer or tablet or smart phone to make use of the wifi?

5 hours ago, zlim said:

That's a plus.

Does your mother-in-law own a computer or tablet or smart phone to make use of the wifi?

Not at all. She has trouble navigating her TV cable box.

Sounds like my mother. My mother was legally blind and she'd end up pressing the wrong button on the remote she had to use with her cable box. When we'd come for our weekly visits, my husband would have to call her provider (we didn't have the same cable company) to find out what he had to do to fix it. I had my spare portable tv set up in a bedroom so if the tv in the living room wasn't working, she could use the one in the bedroom.

When we moved her into assisted living, the cable company there did not require a box, at that time. I bought her an extremely large remote with just a few buttons so she could see to change channels and increase or decrease the volume.

My mother in law mostly watches Italian news channels. When we were there on Saturday her favorite one had gone missing for 3 days. I had to reboot the cable box to get it back, as she didn't know how to do that. She never complained about it though. Sort of like Lillian minus Norton Security.