The Unread Content Link

securitybreach

securitybreach

I get emailed on posts. I do not check the notifications as they come too frequently. There are currently 246 shown over the bell.

V.T. Eric Layton

You  can customize your "Unread Content" link, your Notifications, and your Followed areas of the board. My guess is most folks here haven't bothered to mess with any of that. Sad. :(

8 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

You  can customize your "Unread Content" link, your Notifications, and your Followed areas of the board. My guess is most folks here haven't bothered to mess with any of that. Sad. :(

I figured "Unread Content" means, you know, content I haven't read. Is that not what it means? I can't think of what there is to customize about a binary choice like that, it's either read or not read. Or is there Schroedinger's content as well? 😼

It 's all I've been using lately to navigate the forum.

securitybreach
5 hours ago, sunrat said:

I figured "Unread Content" means, you know, content I haven't read. Is that not what it means? I can't think of what there is to customize about a binary choice like that, it's either read or not read. Or is there Schroedinger's content as well? 😼

Yeah, it should mean that but it doesn't. It just means the ones you haven't read via the notification.

V.T. Eric Layton
7 hours ago, sunrat said:

It's more than that...

k7m3QEO.png

You can customize the bar at the top to only show specific items. If you don't have Notifications set up properly to alert you with the red message number on the little bell at the top right of the forum page, it will NOT show ALL of the posts on the board. The Unread Content link, if properly customized will show you everything... new topics, topics you don't normally follow, topics you've never posted/reacted to, etc.

V.T. Eric Layton

Some things you may not know about the new board software and its capabilities.

I don't think that folks here have quite gotten the hang of how to "read" the forums since the new software upgrade. If you don't have the "Unread Content" link set up properly and you haven't "Followed" all the forums and sub-forums that you like to monitor, then it's quite easy to miss many posts here on a daily basis. Oh, and don't forget to set your "Notifications" up properly, also.

+++

Split off from another posting. ~Eric

• Agree 1

If after deciding what you're actually going to read, you click "Mark site read". you'll eliminate the stuff you've already passed on. Those topics won't reappear unless someone replies to them.

• Like 1

The Unread Content link will show every unread post on the site unless you tweak it from what I can see. There doesn't seem to be any problem here.

• Agree 1