V.T. Eric Layton

Coronavirus - COVID-19

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)

A day at the dentist...

Clutter gets his teeth cleaned several times per year; this has helped greatly

in heading off any periodontal disease getting a foothold. It also enables

my dentist to catch any items needing work before those spin out of control.

I always feel great walking out after being seen by my hygienist. It's a relief

to me, just feels a lot better afterwards. Fresh mouth, no gum disease-

what's not to like?

So I learned the other day that unbeknownst to me, my dentist had largely

closed his practice for two months and had just started up again a couple

of weeks ago. It was impressive- they had a detailed list of questions they

ask the patient- answer wrong and you could be sent home untreated.

My hygienist wore mask, face shield, hair covering, and of course the

standard gloves. Looked a little like she worked in a biohazard lab or

something. In effect, she does. I told her and the dentist several times

that I was grateful for being able to receive treatment. Indeed I feel very

grateful and appreciative! I've known this dentist for years and like him.

Eventually he will retire but I think I'll have him a few more years.

I realize my office visit necessarily involved some increased risk as

compared with just letting my dental care go. I'm pretty careful. I do

mask in public and the grocery stores are pretty much my only points

of risk, week to week. I minimize visits to them, but have found that

produce just doesn't keep well- and fresh produce is an important part

of my diet and self care regime that I just won't abandon. Life is

intrinsically risky. I will take intelligent risks and go on living my life.

I won't take really stupid risks like some do- out of respect for the gift

of my own life and out of concern for the well-being of others.

Anyway, receiving dental treatment recently just felt really good!

And I admire him and his staff!

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)

Lab origins of Covid-19 looking increasingly likely:

https://www.gmwatch.org/en/news/latest-news/19412-lab-escape-theory-of-sars-cov-2-origin-gaining-scientific-support

Carelessness or malice- it matters little, really. It's out there,

and it's indeed a really nasty one.

Experts at the Wuhan Institute of Virology now believe the live animal sales “wet” market

near the lab was not where the coronavirus got its start. Rather, it was the site where one

person came to the market and “super” spread it to others, thus triggering a worldwide

pandemic.

Even though the wet market itself was repeatedly blamed as the source of the pandemic,

experts in zoonotic viruses say they haven’t seen anything that suggests it originated in

the animals. Plus, none of the animals has tested positive for it.

https://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vitalvotes/archive/2020/05/28/coronavirus-didn_1920_t-really-start-at-that-wuhan-_1820_wet-market_1920_.aspx

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-did-not-start-at-wuhan-wet-market.html

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet

securitybreach

I am going to go get an eye exam and some more glasses Thursday. I had to make an appointment and they will probably take my temperature at the door. I'll wear a mask and such.

As far as going out, I have been going into the office the entire time while the rest of my teams is working remotely. I do not mind as I live like 6 miles from the office but I am much busier than would be with a full building as I have to do everything that my team cannot do remotely. Things like et up hardware, ship hardware to people's homes and offshore oil rigs, receive stock, set up machines/servers, fix stuff, setup ipads in intrinsically safe cases for connected field workers, etc. etc. etc. I usually only fix things after they have been through multiple levels and setup/deploy servers and stuff. It is starting to pick up a bit more downtown now but it is literally just me and one manager on my floor and maybe 10 more people in the entire 52 floor building besides security and such. It's been like that since the beginning of march and now they will not be coming back till July 6th. It's nice to not have to wait on an elevator but it will be a pain when the everyone comes back. I bet it will take people 30 minutes to get to their desk due to controlled movement into the building. Only 4 people to an elevator, social distancing, etc. etc.

I have been to going to convenience stores on the way home from work every day during the week, going to the grocery store on the weekends and going to the park on the weekends. Today was the first time that I had my temperature taken. My bank opened back up in the building last week after being closed for months so I decided to visit. I put on my mask and walked in and the woman told me that I needed to be checked in. I didn't know what she was talking about and then she told me to go back to the entrance to get my temperature taken. I was kind of taken back as I have been running around the building for 13 weeks now mostly without a mask because no one else is there. I put on a mask when I go downstairs for food or to step outside but there has not been any hard restrictions in the building. Anyway, the put the laser on my forehead and I did my banking like normal.

• +1 1

zlim
Posted (edited)

My husband finally has an eye doctor's appt. on Monday. I'll wait in the car. He has to wear a mask and they will take his temperature. That should prove interesting because his temp is always below what is considered "normal". We have a digital thermometer and take our temps from time to time.

My eye doctor's appt. is later this month. We both have appts. with the optometrist this month in the same office. These 4 re-scheduled appt. are from March and April.

Our dentist and my periodontist are still closed. They both will contact us when they resume business. They've been closed since mid-March. We both normally get seen every 3 months.

I have cut my husband's hair for decades so he doesn't have a problem with his hair. On the other hand, my last haircut was in Feb. I've now trimmed the sides twice. My husband is trimming the back. I must say, it doesn't look bad.

Edited by zlim
  • Agree 1

raymac46

We are also scheduled to go to the optometrist on Tuesday - they will be reopening on Monday.. We have been advised to wear a mask as well. We had to fill out a lengthy online health questionnaire. I anticipate the optometrist will dress up like a frontline COVID-19 doctor.

My wife had eye surgery in February and hasn't been checked out since then. She will definitely need new glasses - if only for reading. I am just getting a yearly checkup.

Should be interesting because the mask fogs up my glasses and I can't see as well.

securitybreach
4 hours ago, raymac46 said:

Should be interesting because the mask fogs up my glasses and I can't see as well.

You just need the ones with the nose clip or get one of the ones with the valves. I have one that hasx two 2 valves and a nose clip and my glasses do not fog up any when I wear that one..

Cluttermagnet
On 5/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, raymac46 said:

Dentists' offices have not yet reopened in Ontario for anything other than emergencies. When they do the landscape will be quite different.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/ontario-s-strict-rules-for-reopening-dental-clinics-differ-from-other-provinces-1.4959820

Thanks for the interesting article! Obviously everyone in ON and MD are really

trying hard to make things work again,

One thing different with my experience- my hygienist this time pointedly

avoided the use of the 'Cavitron' (ultrasonic de-scaling machine). Just as well,

I never did much care for those things, which can be painful on sensitive

root surfaces. My hygienist did only hand scaling to remove calculus

('tartar'). She commented that the Cavitron would produce aerosolized

droplets, and that's true. Anyway, I was impressed at the extra care in

evidence, and just grateful that I could even be seen by them.

:star:

Clutter

Cluttermagnet
16 hours ago, raymac46 said:

We are also scheduled to go to the optometrist on Tuesday - they will be reopening on Monday.. We have been advised to wear a mask as well. We had to fill out a lengthy online health questionnaire. I anticipate the optometrist will dress up like a frontline COVID-19 doctor.

My wife had eye surgery in February and hasn't been checked out since then. She will definitely need new glasses - if only for reading. I am just getting a yearly checkup.

I saw my optometrist just before things started getting dicey. I got two new pairs

of eyeglasses (one pair for reading). Expensive! I'm probably good for a couple of

years now... A bonus- my previous pairs are both still good enough, so I ended up

with double backups, not bad!

Clutter

Cluttermagnet
19 hours ago, zlim said:

My husband finally has an eye doctor's appt. on Monday. I'll wait in the car. He has to wear a mask and they will take his temperature. That should prove interesting because his temp is always below what is considered "normal". We have a digital thermometer and take our temps from time to time.

My eye doctor's appt. is later this month. We both have appts. with the optometrist this month in the same office. These 4 re-scheduled appt. are from March and April.

Our dentist and my periodontist are still closed. They both will contact us when they resume business. They've been closed since mid-March. We both normally get seen every 3 months.

I have cut my husband's hair for decades so he doesn't have a problem with his hair. On the other hand, my last haircut was in Feb. I've now trimmed the sides twice. My husband is trimming the back. I must say, it doesn't look bad.

I used to cut Betty's hair. She thought I did a good enough job that I got repeat

requests for trims and haircuts.

I have cut my own hair for many years now, after a couple of less than satisfactory

barbershop experiences. Amazingly, I do a pretty good job, don't look too butchered

afterwards. The most difficult part is the hairline on the back of my neck. I stand

in front of the bathroom mirror and can look over my shoulders using a hand mirror.

Having a keen sense of touch and good 3D visualization definitely helps. I have

always been somewhat 'mechanical'. I bet a lot of folks could not do what I do and

get away with it!

Clutter

• Like 1

Cluttermagnet
On 5/30/2020 at 6:13 PM, securitybreach said:

You just need the ones with the nose clip or get one of the ones with the valves. I have one that hasx two 2 valves and a nose clip and my glasses do not fog up any when I wear that one..

Sounds like a pretty good mask design.

That's what my bright red bandana mask does, Josh. The design includes a strip of

non-lead plumber's solder at the top, which gets formed into just the right shape so

the mask pinches my nose and also much more closely presses into my face,

defeating 'bypass air'. I also added something that wasn't in the original design

as I found it- a shoelace drawstring at mid-level that seals the bandana much

more firmly at the bottom, under the lips- again preventing bypass air. Overall, it's

a good, tight fit so I get some actual filtration. My mask is not just for looks or to

avoid public condemnation (social pressure) etc.

One last, important feature on mine- I have re-purposed 3M brand HEPA grade 'ultra

filtration' paper from vacuum cleaner bags so I get actual micron level filtration.

So my mask actually gives *me* some protection, in addition to protecting those

around me *from* me. (I doubt I'm infected, though). At minimum, the paper

improves my odds greatly, compared with 'just fabric'. Rated to catch 99+ percent

of particles at or above 3 microns, it is still pretty effective down at fractional

micron size (the virus is about 0.125 micron if I remember right- tiny!) Anyway

what I have is way better than 'just fabric'.

If one is exposed to the Covid virus, what greatly matters is the initial 'viral load'

from exposure. Less virus particles, the better a chance our immune systems

have to mount a defense initially. This can make a crucial difference, long run,

over the course of the viral attack and immune response. Filtering to micron

levels can only help in this regard. It's a diabolical and sneaky virus, being

airborne. I fear that it's really a matter of time before most people are exposed.

OTOH the vast majority of them will survive... maybe even older me...

Clutter

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)

'Absolutely no evidence' that COVID-19 is airborne, B.C. health official says

"We are very confident that the majority of transmission of this virus is through the droplet and contact route."

So still contagious, but not as much as measles and chicken pox.

IOW not debunking advisability of masking in public places.

That's still a very good idea!

CDC Warns Antibody Testing Still Too Inaccurate to Use for Coronavirus-Related Policy Decisions

Serologic test results should not be used to make decisions about grouping persons residing in or

being admitted to congregate settings, such as schools, dormitories, or correctional facilities.

Serologic test results should not be used to make decisions about returning persons to the workplace.

Until more information is available about the dynamics of IgA detection in serum, testing for IgA

antibodies is not recommended.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/resources/antibody-tests-guidelines.html#anchor_1590280385631

Volunteer Describes His Serious Reaction in Moderna’s mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine Trial

Haydon said he came down with a fever of over 103 degrees and that he felt sicker than he ever

has before. He sought medical care at an urgent care center. After he was released from the center

and returned home, he fainted. Haydon noted he had previously hesitated to talk about his

reactions to the experimental COVID-19 vaccine out of “an abundance of caution.”

Try as one might to downplay Haydon’s adverse reactions and those of the other three participants

in the Moderna trial, these were severe reactions. What is noteworthy is that nine percent of the

participants experienced these reactions. Imagine what this would mean were this vaccine to be

given to tens of millions of people living in the U.S.

Also noteworthy is that the only thing worse than a Grade 3 adverse event are Grade 4 and Grade 5

events. Grade 4 is “life-threatening” and Grade 5 is “death.”

Yikes! I'm sure going to let others be guinea pigs for this, even after 'release'

(but would strongly recommend that they all take a pass, too!)

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet

abarbarian

Think this pandemic is bad.It is not anywhere near as the Spanish Flu outbreak.

Coronavirus: Weird cures for Spanish Flu pandemic 100 years on from deadly outbreak

Around 50 million people are believed to have died during a devastating flu outbreak which started in 1918 with the end of World War One and went on to affect almost every country on earth

Another parallel with the current coronavirus outbreak is that there was no obvious cure.

As with today, social distancing was trialled in an attempt to control the spread.

Schools, restaurants and businesses were closed and public gatherings were banned, while people were told to isolate and quarantine.

In some parts of the world, these measures lasted for months, but in those cities which stopped social distancing too early, the consequences were often devastating.

Some cities handled the crisis worse than others.

Philadelphia in the US, for example, didn't cancel a World War One victory parade even as the disease spread, likely resulting in thousands of infections.

While St Louis ended its lockdown too early, causing a second spike in deaths.

Markel said it was easier to enforce lockdown in the early years of the 20th century than today because people were more used to epidemics.

A bad polio outbreak in 1916 had infection many, while similar epidemics of diptheria, whooping cough, measles, chickenpox and smallpox also occurred during the period.

0_Milton-107315431-e1584619930841.jpg

Many governments didn't want to demoralise their people following a devastating world war, and so didn't tell them the true extent of the crisis.

A number of fake "cures" were also advertised at the time, with many doing more harm than good.

One medicine manufacturer in Newcastle happily spread panic in an advert for their "Indian Cure" by saying 5,000 local children were off school with flu and two had died on the way.

The advert read: "Don't Delay! Do it Now! Tomorrow may be too late! Bottles are Scarce! We only have a limited Supply."

Often those who seemed fine and healthy at breakfast could be dead by the end of the day.

Within hours of feeling the first symptoms of fatigue, fever and headache, some victims would quickly develop pneumonia and start turning blue, signalling a lack of oxygen.

They would then struggle for air until the disease suffocated them to death.

😎

• Agree 1

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)

Talking past each other, apparently...

I'm hard pressed to see what your expose of hundred year old fake cures

for a hundred year old virus has to do with what I posted above.

To anyone who gets badly sick with  either of these nasty beasties, the

experiences are equally gruesome. Indeed, they both kill a lot of people.

BTW your mention of the 'Spanish Flu' has reminded me of something

I read about a possible reason why so many died from it. I'll have to dig

that up again. It's a clear thread that links the two, however- botched initial

diagnosis and actions (or inactions); also faulty treatment plans leading

to much greater casualties than were really necessary. I'm thinking especially

here of all the damage being done by the unnecessary (in many cases) use

of ventilators...

People are in some ways smarter than a century ago. Probably 'snake oil'

doesn't sell near as well as it did back then.

Many, though not all of us, have realized that the best defense is healthy

food and exercise- by a country mile!. A healthy immune system can handle

this one, too. Many survivors of Covid-19 already attest to that. Many of us

see vaccines as bordering on snake oil and will avoid if at all possible!

The US military knows that among its members, those vaccinated with

the flu vaccine were somewhere around 37 percent more likely to get

(generalized) corona viruses than their non-vaccinated peers. That

information is in  the public record.

There's a growing body of evidence of 'paradoxical' effects from vaccines,

namely that they make those who get them significantly more

likely to contract and to succumb to the 'real' viruses out in the wild.

Personally, I'm not having anything further to do with any them.

Clutter

P.S. You'll find me particularly immune to invalidation through smear

tactics. I am in no way associated with any 'quack cures' for Covid-19.

There is, in fact, presently no specific cure for it- but there are some

very effective ICU methods holding forth great promise- and that info is

being relentlessly hammered and suppressed in the Pharma-controlled

mainstream media- because it would direct away from the 'vaccinate all'

scenario. If you wish to be their guinea pig, go for it! There are far

better ways, however. I won't bore you with details, you don't seem to

be interested. But I am getting the distinct impression, now, that you

see it as your mission to discredit me in this thread.

I am associated with a healthy diet and lifestyle, obviating the need

for what Pharma is pushing! If that's what you are doing above,

(smears) please drop it. We're both smarter than that...

Edited by Cluttermagnet

securitybreach

Hard to take serious when you are sourcing Mercal who is both a fraud and nutjob. He is as bad as Alex Jones. This is from https://sciencebasedmedicine.org (2009): 

9 Reasons to Completely Ignore Joseph Mercola

It's not just their opinion, most of their sources are from the CDC and the FDA who point out that he has been a fraudulent in the past.

• Agree 1

abarbarian
2 hours ago, Cluttermagnet said:

I'm hard pressed to see what your expose of hundred year old fake cures

for a hundred year old virus has to do with what I posted above.

Ermm nothing really I was posting to show that this pandemic is nowhere near as bad as the Spanish Flu one.😎

2 hours ago, Cluttermagnet said:

People are in some ways smarter than a century ago. Probably 'snake oil'

doesn't sell near as well as it did back then.

Snake oil probably does not sell as well today I'll agree. However folk are still as thick as planks and open to manipulation by a smooth talking charlatan. Probably more so, in fact I'll say even more so. You only have to look at what Facebook users believe in to see that. 😂

• Agree 1

V.T. Eric Layton
1 hour ago, abarbarian said:

this pandemic is nowhere near as bad

Those who've died from Covid-19 related issues, would probably argue that point with you.

• Agree 2

sunrat
6 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Those who've died from Covid-19 related issues, would probably argue that point with you.

COVID-19 is not finished yet either. In some countries it's still ramping up, and who knows how the relaxation of restrictions (and total ignoring of them in protests etc.) is going to bring new waves of infection.

Spanish flu lasted for 2 years, wonder how long COVID-19 will be around?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

sunrat
8 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Hard to take serious when you are sourcing Mercal who is both a fraud and nutjob. He is as bad as Alex Jones. This is from https://sciencebasedmedicine.org (2009): 

It's not just their opinion, most of their sources are from the CDC and the FDA who point out that he has been a fraudulent in the past.

Mercola is a nutjob as are all anti-vaxxers. I do get his newsletter for his helpful articles about exercise and diet, and he has a healthy disdain for big pharma as do I. Personal case - I needed some medication from a well-known US pharma company which was going to cost ~$80,000. This company didn't even develop the drug but bought its rights and recouped their investment in the first year. 5 years later after they had made several billion from it was when I was prescribed and got a generic version imported from China for ~$1,500. The whole pharma industry has been warped by the crazy US health insurance business.

I do tend to skim most of the newsletter article links and delete without reading any most of the time. He also rants on about things like EMF and 5G although the jury is still out on those.

• Agree 1
  • +1 1

abarbarian
15 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

They may do but I'll only find out when I cross over. 🤔

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, securitybreach said:

OMG I just lost 30-40 minutes of writing to a FF crash. I really should save more often.

(unprintable, extreme profanity!!!!!!) But this thread and your concerted, willful

ignorance and unwillingness to even consider alternative viewpoints and question your

own reality cries out to me. The main purpose I weighed in originally in this thread is as

a sort of a 'coming out' on my part. It's about eating a lot of fear but 'doing it anyway'.

I have been silent far too long. Western allopathic 'medicine' has lost a lot of trust and

respect on my part, and what finally pushed me over the edge was, in part, the

maniacal, Gestapo-like push to get everyone sedated and medicated and vaccinated,

etc. Docile, pliant, and above all, compliant. Enough! I've had it!

The CDC and FDA are both captured federal agencies. They represent the drug

industry at the expense of the consumer. I don't trust these agencies any more

than I do the M.D. author of the hit piece above- which is to say 'not a bit!'

It's very sad and highly disappointing to see you never bother to even read my links.

I can tell, because you never reference anything contained therein. Instead, you

resort to pathetic attacks on the messenger- overtly in the case of Mercola et al,

more covertly in my case. The link above I actually read completely. People who are

able to sign "M.D." after their names no longer impress me. Rather, it is more a case

of mistrust.  I will give them a fair and respectful hearing, however. I will also ask

embarrassing questions about their claims and do my own research...

While it is true that deficiency in Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and selenium can make you more

susceptible to infection, (unlikely in a developed country, but possible), there appears

to be no benefit in further supplementation in the general population. Furthermore, we

have reason to suspect that blanket recommendations of the use of antioxidants like

Vitamins C and D and selenium may cause an increase in mortality.

Utter, absolute rubbish! The author reveals woeful ignorance in this quote. He clearly

hasn't a clue. He tries to persuade us that Vitamin C and/or D deficiencies are

"unlikely" in developed countries (like the US). Notice the weasel word 'unlikely'.

Pathetic! Any reasonable student of this matter can go to the scientific literature

for a re-awakening if they believe this nonsense. Deficiencies in these two vital

nutrients are quite common, and can lead to quite a variety of preventable illnesses.

"Appears to be no benefit"? Hysterical. Linus Pauling is rolling over in his grave.

Notice the weasel words "...appears to be"- and remember, by virtue of his M.D.

degree, this guy is holding himself out as an expert and an authority.

The author cites a small handful of studies, some from questionable sources (The

American Medical Society? Puh-leeze! I wouldn't trust those folks, they've given

me more than ample reason to completely mistrust them!) Read a Mercola

article, for contrast. All the way to the bottom. See that word "References" in

blue with the + sign? Go ahead, expand it. Mercola's articles are very often

30--40 references deep, more or less. The guy knows his stuff, does his

homework... Real study and research involves going over reams of papers

and studying in depth, not just 'cherry picking'.

Significantly, some great successes have been reported

recently from real, front line ER's and ICU's that support interventions using

Vitamins C and D (especially high dose IV Vitamin C) along with certain key

steroids and nutrients. Recently Prednisolone has been reported as being very

successful in these 'cocktails' for treating very ill patients- along with that

all-important high dose C. We hear little or nothing about these successful

treatments in the mainstream media because Pharma owns them, and it

goes against the vaccination push. Also it is way cheaper and BTW not

patentable , i.e. not profitable for Pharma.

Apparently more efficacious than respirators is hyperbaric treatment. Aw,

go on, look it up- it'll give your brain a little exercise...

Humans cannot synthesize C by themselves, and must get it from their diets.

Many are deficient. Vitamin D we can synthesize through sun exposure, but it is

a known problem for those in higher latitudes (myself included) or those with

darker pigmented skins. I tend to run low on D but I supplement and have no

problem keeping it adequately high that way. >>> Why the noticeably higher toll

Covid-19 is taking on black and brown folks? Simple- they tend to be economically

disadvantaged compared to whites, and subsist on generally much poorer diets.

And their skin pigmentation blocks adequate D synthesis from sunlight exposure.

To be black in Chicago or Toronto is a case study of someone needing desperately

to take vitamin D supplements!

When my Betty was in the hospital in 2016, the freakin' doctor didn't even think

of having her tested for Vitamin D levels. I suggested it and he agreed. It came back

with a figure of 9! Borderline low was considered to be 30 at the time! Yikes! He had

her on mega-vitamin therapy pronto! 50,000 IU time release Vitamin D taken once

weekly. In a month or so we had her back up to more reasonable levels and

transitioned to the more normal adult dose in the 1000-5000 IU per day range.

My best guess- this very low D level was probably caused by her long term use

of some medications. Whatever. But to be fair, some years previously, an M.D.

Endocrinologist she didn't much like had been pushing her to get on Vitamin D.

She apparently blew him off. She shouldn't have- the guy was right! Not all

doctors are 'bad', far from it. And they mostly all mean well, but can be quite

dangerous due to their sometimes woeful ignorance...

You guys can slime Mercola all you care to. I am an avid supporter of his, though

I do have a realistic view of the man, warts and all. My admiration of him is

unshakable. I consider him worth a hundred allopathic doctors in some areas,

due to the pill-pushing mentality that prevails today. He has a good heart.

I admire him.

It is also poison pen journalism to lump him in with Alex Jones.

Pitiable ad hominem nonsense. He deserves respectful and separate

treatment. That being said, I don't think Jones is quite the nut job people

make him out to be. But OTOH I can't tolerate very much air time from him.

Too much hysteria. But again, deep down, that guy has a good heart and

generally means well- far more than I can say, sadly, for the likes of certain

billionaires and warmongering virologists who don't seem to care how

many they end up killing!

(Clutter withdraws stick from hornets' nest, steps back to survey what

the swarm will do next...)

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, sunrat said:

Mercola is a nutjob as are all anti-vaxxers. I do get his newsletter for his helpful articles about exercise and diet, and he has a healthy disdain for big pharma as do I. Personal case - I needed some medication from a well-known US pharma company which was going to cost ~$80,000. This company didn't even develop the drug but bought its rights and recouped their investment in the first year. 5 years later after they had made several billion from it was when I was prescribed and got a generic version imported from China for ~$1,500. The whole pharma industry has been warped by the crazy US health insurance business.

I do tend to skim most of the newsletter article links and delete without reading any most of the time. He also rants on about things like EMF and 5G although the jury is still out on those.

Sunrat, you are at least being fair and I applaud you for that. I'm so glad you have

had some exposure to his writings. Good on ya, mate!

You also see clearly how frickin' greedy Pharma is in the US, all of the west, really.

Thanks for sharing that. Why am I not surprised?

Respectfully, I accept your assessment of Mercola ("nutjob" you say), but I couldn't

disagree more! Anti-vaxx types are still sane, still asking good questions, as well

they should! Most of the population is now beaten down and compromised.

"OK, get on with it, let's just get this over with" they say. Not for me! Not now,

not ever! While I still have breath, I will resist the forced administration of

poisons. Guess I'm just 'funny that way'. I have a big, big problem with thugs

telling me what I have to do as regards my own body! It is my body! It is

my god-given right to reject their poisons. If it will give them any satisfaction,

I suppose they can inject my dead body, just to make a point- and to further

frighten an already cowed populace. Frankly, I wouldn't put anything

past those sorts...

Clutter

And the new name of this thread is...

(drum roll)

Clutter will hereafter be known as an antivaxxer and a moron...

Coming out party- come as you are. Wear whatever you have on.

Oh, er- the Emperor has no clothes...

FWIW I can assure you I am quite sane and relatively harmless.

But if you get satisfaction from calling me a nutjob, go for it!

Edited by Cluttermagnet

securitybreach
13 hours ago, sunrat said:

He also rants on about things like EMF and 5G although the jury is still out on those.

As I'm rocking my OnePlus 8 5G phone

wlFgBIV_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)

81gO9C+FnmL._SX450_.jpg

"The water is poison."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Enemy_of_the_People

(Dr. Stockmann) ends by proclaiming himself the strongest man in town because he is able to stand alone. ..

"An Enemy of the People", produced by Berlin's Schaubühne theater, was performed in Beijing from September

6 to September 8, 2018, but the subsequent touring of the show was cancelled due to its themes. The audience

in Beijing reportedly showed overwhelming support for the character Dr. Stockmann, and shouted criticism of

the Chinese regime during interaction parts. Even in subsequent censored performances, audiences yelled

"for personal freedom!". The regime's censorship officers would not agree on any more subsequent touring

unless it was doctored in favor of the regime's thought on what a play should be.

Yeah. And Chinese students unwisely erected a 'statue of liberty' in Tienanmen park.

We all know where that got them... The truth hurts- and can get you killed...

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)

Yes, the EMF and 5G things really muddy the waters, Josh. Yep, a lot of

those guys are ranting quite a lot on that subject. But what if they are

right? As always, everything hinges on duration and intensity of exposure.

There is a lot to work out in this field. Trouble is, there's no time. They are

going to dump it on us and let us sort it all out. Personally, I'm not quite

to the 'tinfoil hat' stage just yet. But I am asking questions and learning

where I can cut back on exposure.

He also rants on about things like EMF and 5G although the jury is still out on those.

Fair enough, Sunrat. Sign of an open mind. Thanks! Yep, we don't know enough yet.

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet

abarbarian
3 hours ago, Cluttermagnet said:

(especially high dose IV Vitamin C)

Be interesting to see your source of information for this claim.

How much vitamin C do I need?

Adults aged 19 to 64 need 40mg of vitamin C a day.

You should be able to get all the vitamin C you need from your daily diet.

Vitamin C can't be stored in the body, so you need it in your diet every day.

What happens if I take too much vitamin C?

Taking large amounts (more than 1,000mg per day) of vitamin C can cause:

These symptoms should disappear once you stop taking vitamin C supplements.

If you take vitamin C supplements, don't take too much as this could be harmful

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-c/

Does Too Much Vitamin C Cause Side Effects?

In fact, it is nearly impossible for you to get too much vitamin C from your diet alone. In healthy people, any extra vitamin C consumed above the recommended daily amount simply gets flushed out of the body (16).

To put it in perspective, you would need to consume 29 oranges or 13 bell peppers before your intake reached the tolerable upper limit (17, 18).

However, the risks of vitamin C overdose are higher when people take supplements, and it is possible to consume too much of the vitamin in some circumstances.

For example, those with conditions that increase the risk of iron overload or are prone to kidney stones should be cautious with their vitamin C intake (6, 10, 19).

All the adverse effects of vitamin C, including digestive distress and kidney stones, appear to occur when people take it in mega doses greater than 2,000 mg (20).

If you choose to take a vitamin C supplement, it is best to choose one that contains no more than 100% of your daily needs. That’s 90 mg per day for men and 75 mg per day for women

Is It Possible to Have a Vitamin C Overdose?

People with hemochromatosis are in danger of a vitamin C overdose. This condition causes your body to store excessive amounts of iron, which is exacerbated by taking too much vitamin C. This condition can lead to body tissue damage.

Vitamin C supplements may also interact with certain medications. This is especially true of medications for heart disease and cancer. Be sure to check with your doctor before taking a supplement.

Despite what supplement makers have led you to believe, there is no scientific evidence that vitamin C directly prevents colds and flu viruses. In fact, the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine says that taking these costly supplements only slightly minimizes the duration of a cold. Furthermore, taking vitamin C after getting sick doesn’t help at all.

You’re better off saving your money and making sure you get enough vitamin C in your daily diet instead.

Mind you the NHS and the NCCAM probably are talking out of their ar**e and have some hidden agenda for giving the above advice 🤓

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)

Once again FF has devoured about ten+ minutes of earnest typing. Don't know which

bit bucket my composition has gone into... MUST SAVE OFTEN... MUST SAVE OFTEN...

MUST SAVE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!! (SAVED...)

Let me start again... going by memory of my previous response to you, I said that I

found your most recent collection of links to be worth studying a bit. I will do so and

share some of what that search unearths, over the next few days...

I have always thought of Vitamin C as one of the cheaper supplements. It's almost

universally available. I'm certainly puzzled by that author referring to C as being

"costly". I never saw it that way. OTOH almost everything is getting more expensive

these days...

A common theme I've encountered fairly often in the health/healing world is this:

"Show me so much as one confirmed fatality caused by supplementing with

Vitamin C". The stuff is safe IMO, in fact it's very safe. Any excess taken orally

will cause you to develop a case of the runs (diarrhea) and will be safely excreted.

Contrast with various pharmaceuticals which kill quite a number of folks in any

given year. Anyone remember Vioxx? Look it up- another good brain exercise.

You will see it had to be withdrawn from the market under orders of FDA- one

of those various US government agencies, anyway... yet it was still sold overseas

a while longer... shameful!

I will find a few links describing the therapeutic interventions by licensed M.D.

types using high dose IV Vitamin C and list them here. Although somewhat

suppressed in the media, success stories are starting to increase regarding

successful emergency interventions in Covid-19 patients (and also for

generalized septic shock, which has killed quite a few folks over the years).

There are several protocols I have seen. The one for sepsis included high

dose C along with Thiamine (a B vitamin) and hydrocortisone (a steroid). The

ones for Covid-19 tend to use high dose C plus Prednisilone plus one or two

other items I don't recall at this moment. These have been deployed to save

very sick Covid patients in hospitals in China and the US, no doubt elsewhere

as well- but it is still far from 'accepted' or 'allowed' or 'catching on' just yet.

(Edit: Japan, Korea, Italy...)

Often these interventions are 'last ditch', 'compassionate care', for patients

who have largely been written off by hospital staff- then they are pulled

back from the brink and recover very nicely, thank you, and eventually get

discharged from the hospitals quite alive. Here's the rub- these IV

'cocktails' are very, very inexpensive and are not patentable, i.e. they will not

make Pharma the big money like some pharmaceuticals. Indeed, the media

have been quite complicit in suppressing this sort of good information that

would help severely ill Covid patients to recover. The media have blood on

their hands...

The small doses your links refer to for Vitamin C are anemic by any

standard. They are about as low here in the US, unrealistically so in my

estimation. Just about enough to prevent scurvy, it is true...

Personally, I am taking one to two grams orally per day (1000-2000mg),

usually the lesser amount. If I started feeling ill, I would immediately

increase those amounts and would switch over to the liposomal form

which is much better tolerated by the bowels and is more efficiently

absorbed as well. To the greatest extent possible, I try to get my C

from my diet- veggies, citrus fruits, etc. These are the most bio-available

forms and are therefore preferred. In a perfect world we would not need

to take any supplements at all, and would get all essential nutrients from

food. This is no longer possible, considering our worn out soils of today.

Therefore many folks are nutrient deficient, setting them up for

disease and even (semi-) 'sudden' death by virus.

What is too much (oral) Vitamin C? Turns out it is highly variable from

person to person, and depends on their health and their current level of

oxidative stress. Even in one person, it can vary depending on their

state of health. When ill, fighting a virus, etc. the amount of Vitamin C

needed and tolerated orally can go way up- and again, about the worst

thing that can happen is you will probably get the runs if you exceed

your bowel tolerance level.

I'll post some links r.e. the IV Vitamin C shortly... it's for real. Please

understand it doesn't 'cure' Covid-19 per se, but it does save lives. Of

that I'm sure! And Pharma and the media emphatically do not want you to

know about this because it distracts from their scorched earth, 'one size

fits all' vaccination intentions. That's a separate but related issue.

I'll save it for another time. You raised questions about Vitamin C above.

Please understand also that IV Vitamin C is used because massive

amounts of antioxidant are needed when a body is in full crisis as

with Covid-19; also the IV administrative route bypasses the whole

issue of bowel tolerance. This is why they do it this way in ICU. No

way to get enough in orally to be effective under such dire

circumstances! Field accounts going back many decades describe

patients responding well to 20-30-50- even 100 grams of C on rare

occasions (intravenous). BTW I think that most folks are going to

reach bowel tolerance orally somewhere around 10-20 grams/day,

according to all my past reading.

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)

The FLCCC Working Group MATH+ video is outstanding IMHO,

'must see' type material. The video is available in several of the first

few links below. Here is a pretty clear exposition on why respirators

ought to be avoided if at all possible, and how a very effective

protocol, invented in part by Dr. Paul Marik (to treat sepsis) is proving

quite valuable in pulling very sick Covid patients back from the brink.

MATH+ COVID19 Early Intervention Treatment Protocol

Why is success in critical care being ignored?

Wayne State spinoff Advaita Bioinformatics identifies generic drug shown to be effective against COVID-19

MATH+ Early Intervention  Treatment Protocol Is Saving Lives

Vitamins C and D Finally Adopted as Coronavirus Treatment

Vitamin B1 Is Vital to Protect Against Infectious Disease

COVID-19 Critical Care

Vitamin C Works for Sepsis. Will It Work for Coronavirus?

The Incredible Hidden History of Vitamin C

Don't forget to expand the References at the bottom of the Mercola articles.

Very well researched and documented. Actual results from real doctors and scientists

working in hospital and research settings. Long hair types with real degrees and

reputations to protect, not cranks and quacks etc. You could spend weeks in here,

just from the links I have put up so far, plus all his references.

Oh, yeah, you can dig up tons of Pharma sponsored publications that bolster

Pharma's 'pills for all, shots for all' mentality- and of course they do everything

they can think of to discredit and cast doubt on research such as what I've shared

above. But you know what- I figure that, sooner or later, the truth is going to come

out- and that truth will not paint a flattering picture of the Pharma approach.

They are entranced by dollar signs... they have lost their collective way...

It's too darned bad, really. These Pharma guys could screw up a w*t dream,

I guess- and to think, 30 or 40 years ago I viewed these guys as smart,

honorable, bordering on saintly. Oh how the mighty have fallen! And they

know they are in trouble, too, thus the 'scorched earth' tactics by that industry

that I so often refer to. We see that all too often these days...

There will be more links. I'm just getting warmed up...

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet
Cluttermagnet
Posted (edited)

Meet Dr. Rhonda Patrick

Dr. Patrick deserves an entire post unto herself. She is amazing!

The following video, a bit long at 1:19:10, stands as an excellent

example of clear, science-backed exposition on this important

nutrient, Vitamin C. Absolutely outstanding work! I very much

admire her clear-headed, objective coverage of Vitamin C!

Highly recommended...

Vitamin C With Dr. Rhonda Patrick

(Video 1:19:10)

BTW I can no longer figure out how to insert a video into a post

in Scot's Forums- so I did it as a link above.

Dr. Patrick is not going to get herself thrown off of

YouTube. What she says is clearly, verifiably true and backed

by mainstream research. And if you start this video, I bet she

soon has you hooked- if you care at all about the subject.

My main takeaway, right at the outset- oral vs. IV vitamin C

are essentially entirely different animals. I do have two strong

articles of faith, personally: (1.) Oral supplementation at well

above the skimpy RDA amounts is a very good idea, and

(2.) High dose IV Vitamin C is going to be verified in due time

through scientific studies to be an extremely potent and

effective intervention for critically ill patients! Meanwhile,

reports from the field tell of some flat out amazing recoveries

with very marginal, poor prognosis patients.

Oh, OK- even my eyes were glazing over towards the end of

her talk, but OTOH there were so many moments where she

presented some really consequential results. Around 53:00

to 55:30 she covers how high dose IV C greatly improved

outcomes with some very sick patients (sepsis).

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet