V.T. Eric Layton

Heh! Kinda' reminds me of...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

securitybreach

Nice, happy tune!! Hadn't heard it in years :thumbsup:

• Agree 2

raymac46

We were planning another Transatlantic cruise this spring but we would have ended up in (wait for it) Venice. So my wife wanted to cancel. Guess what happened?

Actually worked out fairly well. We had to eat some of the non refundable air flights but the cruise company let us cancel without penalty. I think they plan to cancel the cruise anyway.

Gotta love people who eat bats though. 🤐

• Like 1

sunrat

I just booked a trip to Europe in April-May. UK, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Greece, and end up on some beach in Portugal. Can't stop living life! Been thinking about doing this for a couple of years, and dreaming about it for half a lifetime.

There was a Mercola article yesterday citing Francis Boyle who has been advocating against bioweapons for decades and is convinced this is escaped from the Wuhan BSL-4 facility. Totally believable and well worth reading - Bioweapons Expert Speaks Out About Novel Coronavirus

• +1 2

securitybreach

Well flights are super cheap now

zlim

sunrat, that was a very eye-opening read. Thanks for the link.

• Thanks 1

V.T. Eric Layton
19 hours ago, sunrat said:

There was a Mercola article yesterday citing Francis Boyle who has been advocating against bioweapons for decades and is convinced this is escaped from the Wuhan BSL-4 facility. Totally believable and well worth reading - Bioweapons Expert Speaks Out About Novel Coronavirus

Yup. I've read/heard speculation about this recently. Sadly, we'll all be dead before definitive and factual confirmation of this ever makes it out of China (or is released by other world spy agencies). We have a better chance of a leaker like Assange or Snowden finding info and passing it on to the world.

• Agree 1
  • +1 1

sunrat
6 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Sadly, we'll all be dead before definitive and factual confirmation of this ever makes it out of China (or is released by other world spy agencies).

You got that right. China still tries to whitewash the fact they have over a million Uyghurs from Xinjiang province locked up for re-education and/or in forced labour camps, despite a plethora of first-hand reports and verifiable news articles. There's some serious bad carp going on in that country. Not to exonerate the west though, that article I posted mentions biological research labs in the US and Canada similar to the one in Wuhan.

https://www.aspi.org.au/report/uyghurs-sale

• +1 2

V.T. Eric Layton

The WHO says, "All is well!" All those stories of bioweapons and aliens spreading the virus are FAKE NEWS!

I'm so relieved.

zlim
Posted (edited)

What out for fake sites that look like the actual US site that is safe 

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

because the copycat site contains malware.

Source: https://www.grahamcluley.com/coronavirus-map-used-to-spread-malware/

Edited by zlim
removed hot link, replaced with code
  • Agree 1

securitybreach

Nice, I've been using the original sir since it all started.

Pete!

Seem to me it would make a rather ineffective bioweapon.

You're not going to win a war by killing the sickly people and the 80 year-olds.

The care givers would suddenly have more time to contribute to the war effort.

securitybreach
1 minute ago, Pete! said:

You're not going to win a war by killing the sickly people and the 80 year-olds.

The care givers would suddenly have more time to contribute to the war effort.

Well all the old men (and some women) are the ones in power.

• Agree 1

V.T. Eric Layton

It can be quite a good weapon if it disrupts... markets, economies, government, medical industries, commercial industries, etc.

• +1 1

sunrat
2 hours ago, Pete! said:

It's an ineffective bioweapon at present as they don't reportedly have a vaccine to protect the offensive side.

2 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

It can be quite a good weapon if it disrupts... markets, economies, government, medical industries, commercial industries, etc.

It's doing that quite well already although it is affecting its creators more than anyone else. See above.

V.T. Eric Layton
57 minutes ago, sunrat said:

...it is affecting its creators more than anyone else.

Indeed, this is why, if... IF it is actually a weaponized version of corona virus from the lab in Wuhan, then it was definitely NOT released in a purposeful manner by the Chinese. That would be total insanity for them to have released it in their own country. So, if... again, IF it is a weaponized version of this virus from that facility (the epicenter of the infection - Wuhan), then it most definitely was released by accident.

This is probably also why the Chinese dragged their feet so long before admitting that something was wrong in that area of their country. Being China, it's very simple (using fear, force, military assets, etc.) to keep the citizenry quiet and under control during this event. The same oppressive practices of the "People's Republic of China" also allows them to stifle/censor news media, the Internet, etc.

This is an unusual virus in that it is a "smart" one. It doesn't kill off its hosts. Most folks survive the infection and this allows them to be the vector for further infection. Most other "deadly" viruses are limited by the fact that they kill off their vectors too rapidly for pandemics to occur. Another sneaky thing, and a suspected genetically engineered one, is the fact that this novel Corona virus also has a way to hide from the immune system in infected people for a period of up to 14 days or so. This means no symptoms, but highly contagious all the same.

This has the potential for major UGLINESS, I'm afraid. Even if it isn't as deadly as Stephen King's virus in The Stand, it could potentially wreak MAJOR havoc on so many other parts of our lives.

I guess we'll just have to sit back and see where this goes. Oh, boy.

• Agree 1

raymac46
Posted (edited)

I prefer to think with Hanlon's razor on this one. It's more likely that the idiots who want to eat bats and anteaters in Wuhan are the cause.

Edited by raymac46

V.T. Eric Layton
1 hour ago, raymac46 said:

I prefer to think with Hanlon's razor on this one. It's more likely that the idiots who want to eat bats and anteaters in Wuhan are the cause.

Yeah.... I like that line of thinking also, but what interferes with this line or reasoning just a bit is that there are markets like the one in Wuhan that sell all kinds of roadkill for folks to eat all over China. Why did this start in just Wuhan? Sure, it has to start somewhere, but the coincidence of having a bio-weapons facility that is known to be experimenting with weaponized corona viruses with a couple miles of that market in Wuhan is an interesting coincidence, I think.

Most of the mainstream media are calling bio-weapons rumors fake news. Only two individuals that I've been able to find are actually pushing this theory: Dany Shoham, a former Israeli military intelligence officer and a fellow named Francis Boyle, whose background includes an undergraduate degree from the University of Chicago, a juris doctor (lawyer) degree from Harvard and a Ph.D. in political science.

Usually we'd call this pretty thin evidence, but then again... no one believed Assange, Snowden, or Daniel Ellsberg at first either. ;)

Edited to add information. ~Eric

• Like 1

raymac46

I am no expert on the art(?) of war but I would think the goal of any weapons system is to inflict maximum damage on the opponent and minimum damage on the triggerman. There are exceptions of course (chlorine gas in WW1 comes to mind.) But the fact that the aggressor didn't think through the possibility of a wind change accounts for the collateral damage there.

If this was an intentional act of warfare you have to think twice about the sanity of someone who approved it. The perpetrator would be the biggest loser so far.

V.T. Eric Layton
56 minutes ago, raymac46 said:

If this was an intentional act of warfare...

If there's any truth to this bio-weapon rumor, it definitely was NOT intentional that it got out of the lab. Someone made a BIG BOO-BOO!

V.T. Eric Layton

Interesting video...

securitybreach
2 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

It's OFFICIAL! :(

We have therefore made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic.*

*from World Health Organization news release

Well that is stupid as it has been a pandemic for a month or so now.

A pandemic is an epidemic of disease that has spread across a large region; for instance multiple continents, or worldwide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic

Sounds like the WHO needs to pay attention to news.... B)

V.T. Eric Layton

It's like the diff between official NY Yankees game tickets and those fake ones printed by scalpers on the street. ;)

securitybreach
8 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

It's like the diff between official NY Yankees game tickets and those fake ones printed by scalpers on the street. ;)

So I guess in your analogy, the WHO are the scalpers on the street.