The Happy Snaps thread

sunrat

Now I have a nice camera I thought it would be good to have a central place for everyone to upload nice photos.

No sad snaps allowed! :)

First up is shots I took from a quick walk up my street, first camera test. I got about 4 satisfactory shots out of ~30 that I took. Absolute fail with macro shots, I might have to read the fine manual!

hblAJBP.jpg

jbLTUC0.jpg

dLpSaWF.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I rediscovered my old Nikon F80 film camera yesterday. Put in some dusty batteries and loaded some old Fujicolor 400 film. It still works great but I don't think you'll be seeing any images anytime soon. No matter - here's one from the last time I used the camera in 2010. My beautiful old Sammy - age 11 but still looking great.

003_01.jpg

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 2

• V.T. Eric Layton pinned this topic
V.T. Eric Layton

I pinned this thread for you, Roger. Of course, being a Mod, you could have done that yourself. ;)

Here's one of my "happy" pics...

oSmKNAQ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Belgium2002_0008.jpg

@sunrat since Belgium is on your list I hope you get a chance to go to Brugge (Bruges) during your stay. It is a Medieval town frozen in time. This pic was scanned from a color photo taken in 2002.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 3

P1000469-scaled.jpg

This is one of my favorite snapshots. It is the bell tower of Our Lady of Good Voyage - a sailor's church in La Seyne sur Mer, near Toulon France.

• Like 3

I was out playing in an Ingress event today in the beautiful Fitzroy Gardens (and surrounds) right next to the Melbourne CBD. Didn't take the new camera much to my later regret, but here's a handful of phone pics. I think I came nearly last in the Ingress scores too due to taking in the scenery. :D

Don't judge the quality too much - phone pics and post-shrunk to spare viewers massive data downloads.

Captain Cook's cottage. He was one of Australia's first settlers in 1788 and is credited with discovering Australia in 1770 although our native population will dispute that. That's a Moreton Bay fig in front, one of many impressive trees in the gardens :-

PxUEMwX.jpg

Agapanthus flower:

bAcl51n.jpg

The mural, created by Howard Freeman, is on the side of the main city fire station:

pUt8hat.jpg

St. Patrick's Cathedral:

THnyYRu.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, zlim said:

Nice pictures from both of you. One question, what is an Ingress event?

Ingress is a GPS location based game. You have to travel around and interact with specific places of interest in the game. It's basically a kind of real world capture the flag with 2 factions battling to control areas. It is from Niantic who also made Pokemon Go which is based on Ingress.

I've been playing about 6 years but much less now than I used to. We have community events, this one is monthly on the first Saturday each month.

Super pictures raymac46 the detail you can capture these days is impressive.

YkuWyjl.jpg

LsskoZx.jpg

National Motorcycle Museum Feb 2019 Pentax K-30

This exhibit made me smile.

😎

• Like 2

Absolutely beautiful! In fact all the photos are beautiful. Some of these pictures  from overseas makes me wish I could travel there. Thank you all for sharing. Nice thread here...😊

VTjkbLI.jpg

Mods invading Barry Island circa:2019

pFcodac.jpg

Shock horror there were female gang members riding with no socks !!!!!!

CWrjKuR.jpg

Luckily the police were on the case quickly,,, terrible parking though.

Eee by gum things yer see on a day at seaside. 😎

• Like 2

The local bikers round here do two fund raising runs for kids. The 2019 Easter run ended at the,

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g1096832-d2441590-Reviews-Pembroke_Dock_Heritage_Centre-Pembroke_Dock_Pembrokeshire_Wales.html

(the 44 photos in the link are worth a peep)

Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre is an independent museum operated by Pembroke Dock Sunderland Trust. Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre tells the military, maritime and social history of this unique town: Wales' only Royal Dockyard, and once the largest flying-boat station in the World.

Xtb6TCb.jpg

After the run most folks gathered at The Ship Inn for an alfresco late lunch,

bz1IL3Y.jpg

A grand day out and we raised over five grand which ain't a bad effort considering the low density population round these parts. 😎

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

My club is shut down for now in Florida (and many other states). ALL rides are cancelled and even the State Rally. :(

2 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

My club is shut down for now in Florida (and many other states). ALL rides are cancelled and even the State Rally. :(

We have a Charity ride on the 7th April that will still go ahead. No taking helmets off, no removal of face masks/tunes etc, no huggin, no bikers handshakes, and worst of all no tea and buns at the end of the ride. :w00tx100::hysterical:

• Haha 1