Pale Moon Version 28.8.2.1 Released

Corrine

Pale Moon has been updated to version 28.8.2.1.  This is a minor release in response to YouTube deprecating their old web UI. This change will enable the new YouTube UI by default.

From the Release Notes:

"This is a minor release in response to YouTube deprecating their old web UI. This change will enable the new YouTube UI by default."

UpdateTo get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window.  Click About Pale Moon and  Check for Updates.

This update was due to a change in the YouTube user interface with the notice "We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. For the best experience please update your browser." when at the site.  The change resulted in an extremely long thread on the Pale Moon forum.  The fix provided was to update the general.useragent.overide for YouTube in About:config. 

Since it was affecting so many people, it was apparently decided to make make the change for everyone -- much better that way since not everyone is comfortable editing About:config. 

Related:  Facebook users are likely seeing the same message but it apparently hasn't resulted in causing issues as the YouTube change did.  To remove the banner with "We won't support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser. Learn More" on Facebook, it can be done by editing About:config. 

1.  Open a new tab and type about:config.  Accept the warning and then search for "Mozilla".

2.  In both "general.useragent.override.facebook.com" and "general.useragent.override.fbcdn.net", right click the "Value" and select "Modify"

3.  Replace what is shown in both with the following:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0 (Pale Moon)

4.  Close About:config

Note:  to reverse the change, right-click the value and select "Reset".

• Thanks 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, I was reading a bunch of posts here and there yesterday about the YouTube page changes.

Thanks again for keeping track of this stuff for us here at Scot's, Corrine! :)

• Like 1

I go to YouTube daily. I get the Mass readings for the day then there is a link for a video reflection about the readings.

I'm noticing since the change, YouTube seems to load really slow compared to Monday's load time.

Has anyone else noticed slower YouTube loading?

V.T. Eric Layton
50 minutes ago, zlim said:

Has anyone else noticed slower YouTube loading?

I haven't noticed anything in FF, but haven't been there too much in the last week or so, either.

V.T. Eric Layton

Your FF is probably all impacted with corrupt ca-ca in your profile directory. You should just delete the Profile Directory and start FF up. It will create a new one for you. You will lose all your settings/customizations/extensions/bookmarks, though.

I'm using FF ESR. I download a new version about once a year. Truthfully, I don't want to create a new profile and lose everything. I prefer Palemoon to FF so FF can stay as is.

I tried Vivaldi on YouTube. It might be a scooch faster. It isn't worth firing up another browser. I'll just go to YouTube then go get a cup of coffee while it loads.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton
1 hour ago, zlim said:

I'll just go to YouTube then go get a cup of coffee while it loads.

Heh! Well, that works, too. ;)

Cluttermagnet

I just put Pale Moon on my main computer a few days ago. So far, so good.

I think I'm going to like it. Plays YouTube videos and that's important to me.

I have a pretty dated copy of FF on that machine which I refuse to update

because I would have to give up an extension I really, really like called

Session Manager. That thing will store a ton of sessions, and each session

might represent several hundred tabs open simultaneously. No don't go

there. I shouldn't have so many tabs open at one time. I know...

Clutter

• Like 1