I Have Two Questions for You...

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

1. Are you aware that Admins, Mods, and Forum MVPs are allowed to choose a custom identity instead of the generic ranking description (Board Big Wig, Thread Kahuna, etc.). For example, mine is Nocturnal Slacker; Josh's is CLI Phreak, etc. If any of you members who qualify for this would like me to change this for you, let me know. It was actually @ebrke's recent post that reminded me of this because she has not made that choice.

2. Would anyone like to see one or two other post reaction emoticons in addition to the current 5 that we now have? In other words, when you "react" to a posting here, you can currently choose between Trophy (+1 reputation pts), Heart (+1 reputation pts), Sad, Laugh, Confused (all neutral pts). Are there a couple more that you'd like to see? Like Anger (neutral pts), maybe, or something else?

Just curious...

• Like 1

1. Haven't thought of anything worth putting there. Maybe one day...

2. Maybe one for Agreed or +1. Kind of Heart Light for when you don't love a post but think it's useful or worthwhile.

Anger would be good for those bad news posts like "Microsoft Drops Support For Firefox" (not an actual post... yet).

V.T. Eric Layton
3 minutes ago, sunrat said:

Maybe one for Agreed or +1

Like a nod emoticon? I can actually GIMP a +1 image.

• Like 1

securitybreach
1 hour ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

1. Are you aware that Admins, Mods, and Forum MVPs are allowed to choose a custom identity instead of the generic ranking description (Board Big Wig, Thread Kahuna, etc.). For example, mine is Nocturnal Slacker; Josh's is CLI Phreak, etc. If any of you members who qualify for this would like me to change this for you, let me know. It was actually @ebrke's recent post that reminded me of this because she has not made that choice.

2. Would anyone like to see one or two other post reaction emoticons in addition to the current 5 that we now have? In other words, when you "react" to a posting here, you can currently choose between Trophy (+1 reputation pts), Heart (+1 reputation pts), Sad, Laugh, Confused (all neutral pts). Are there a couple more that you'd like to see? Like Anger (neutral pts), maybe, or something else?

Just curious...

1. :thumbup:

2. More choices are always good.

• Thanks 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I figured most folks would be agreeable to a couple more reaction emoticons. I'll wait for a bit for others to chime in, though, before I make any changes.

V.T. Eric Layton

OK, here are the Reaction Icons with the two additions that I created:

5ziaJoU.png

There Reputation values are as follows:

+1 Reputation points are given for - Like (blue heart)

+1 Reputation points are given for - +1 (green +1)

+1 Reputation points are given for - Thanks (purple trophy)

+0 (neutral) Reputation points are given for - Agree (thumb up)

+0 (neutral) Reputation points are given for - HAHA (laugh)

+0 (neutral) Reputation points are given for - Confused (raised eyebrows)

+0 (neutral) Reputation points are given for - Sadness (tears and frown)

Well, hope you like the additions and hope to see you using them. :)

• Thanks 1
  • +1 1

Looks good, but I have one question. What exactly does +1 mean as opposed to Agree?

Also, I thought I posted yesterday saying I was in favor of an Agree emoticon, but something happened and my comment was still in the reply window when I signed in today. Maybe I didn't click Submit or something.

• +1 1

4 hours ago, ebrke said:

Looks good, but I have one question. What exactly does +1 mean as opposed to Agree?

Indeed they pretty much mean the same thing. My original suggestion was for Agree or +1. No big deal though.

• Agree 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, the +1 give the poster an added rep point. The (thumbs up) agree doesn't give the poster anything. Other than that, no diff. ;)

Also, I kinda' meant the +1 to be the all round reaction like at the old G+ or LIKE on FaceBook. It's just a way to let the poster know you read his post... acknowledgement, in other words.

• +1 1