Question about avatars

zlim

I had a terrible time this morn trying to change from my Christmas avatar to something else. I'm not happy with the result.

1. I discovered the board doesn't like png because I was told it would not accept that after a few tries.

2.  What size should the avatar be? Mine looks bad and dragging the handles just made it worse. I can use Irfan to edit anything to the size needed, once I know what it is.

V.T. Eric Layton

Liz, I took the liberty of installing another cute little chipmunk avatar for you. Does this one look OK to you? I'll upload the original image on this post, in case you'd like to d-load it to your computer.

zlim_chipmunk.jpg

V.T. Eric Layton

Also,

• increased size limit for avatars from 50K to 75K to facilitate sharper images*

*Copied from my Admin-Level Change Log

• Like 1

@securitybreech I have images stored on ImageBam and one of things I tried was using a link to my uploaded image. I got an error message. Perhaps it was the size? Not sure because I have images as jpg, png and bmp.

@Eric Yes that looks better than what I had.

I'll make a note about 100px X 100 px

One of the images I tried was 180 x 135; that's why it looked strange.

The other which I had marked smchipmunk is 80 x 58.

Neither comes close to 75kb in size so that wasn't the problem.

I'll get rid of the small one.

I downloaded the current avatar so no need to upload it for me.

Thanks.

Edited by zlim
downloaded avatar
  • Like 2

Well I had another go and it looked strange, yet it is now within the size limits. 100 x 75

I then replaced it with Eric's image, still within the size limits 87 x 87 and it again looks cut off at each end.

So what is wrong?

I've now edited it again to 100 x 96. Since that's close to 100 x 100, that might be the best I can do.

Edited by zlim

V.T. Eric Layton

Your current (old chipmunk) image looks fine to me:

chipmunkb.thumb.jpg.b2f6c41dc435be4b6a27

The image that I uploaded here for you:

nvg2PMD.jpg

It's not as sharp as the one I had gotten for you because my original was a BIG image that I reduced in size. That always makes them sharper. If you have a small image and try to increase its size, you get blurriness, but you know all that, I'm sure.