Finally Uprading to Slackware64 14.2... Maybe

V.T. Eric Layton

I don't think Juno ever closes an account; they deactivate it. I created a juno email account for a friend so I know both the username and password. Sadly, she died suddenly in 2005. After she died, I had to go through her address book to be sure I notified everyone of her passing. I didn't do it by email. That's just tacky.

I'd look into the account after a few years and Juno says it hasn't been active so they re-activate it!

• Like 3

securitybreach
29 minutes ago, zlim said:

I don't think Juno ever closes an account; they deactivate it. I created a juno email account for a friend so I know both the username and password. Sadly, she died suddenly in 2005. After she died, I had to go through her address book to be sure I notified everyone of her passing. I didn't do it by email. That's just tacky.

I'd look into the account after a few years and Juno says it hasn't been active so they re-activate it!

Yeah, most the webmail providers will keep the account around forever. Some may disable it after a given time but it will never get deleted, even the mail that you deleted.

• Like 1

I have a couple of email accounts that I used many years ago when I was self-employed. They are att dot com accounts but essentially that's Yahoo these days. A couple of years may go by when I don't log in but when I do, the accounts are still there collecting junk. I really should delete them I guess.

securitybreach

I am still amazed that AOL managed to stay around as long as it has. Think of all the other companies from back then that have went defunct. Prodigy, Compuserv, Earthlink, etc. 

• Like 1