Loren Eiseley

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Have any of you folks here ever read Loren Eiseley?

I am impressed with this gentleman's writings. I cannot more strongly recommend this. I don't know how I lived this long with my varied interests and all, and yet, I still managed to miss this fellow. A friend from Diaspora/Pluspora named Kenny Chaffin turned me on to this gentleman a few weeks back.

I've already read vol.1 of his writings and am currently beginning vol.2. I think some of you here would really like what this fellow has to say and how he says it. He was an anthropologist/paleontologist by trade, but he had the writing skills of a 19th century master, the philosophical sharpness of vision of Thoreau, and the style of a master poet.

This is not to be missed...

- Collected Essays on Evolution, Nature, and the Cosmos, Vol. 1: The Immense Journey / The Firmament of Time / The Unexpected Universe / Uncollected Prose

- Collected Essays on Evolution, Nature, and the Cosmos, Vol. 2: The Invisible Pyramid / The Night Country / Essays from The Star Thrower

I'm sure you can find them in your local library.

Also, here's a bit more about him: Loren Eiseley - Essayist, Philosopher, Literary Naturalist.

Later...

~E.

• Like 1