New Board Theme Coloration

V.T. Eric Layton

New Board Theme Coloration  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

V.T. Eric Layton

Remember the old Scot's default theme?

k2F12bR.png

nJ6zhNI.png

GqXx2ua.png

I believe, with a little work, I could modify the new board's theme to nearly match the old board's default theme. Please vote your thoughts in the poll.

~Eric

• Like 1

• V.T. Eric Layton pinned this topic

Some forum software has the ability to select a theme.  If the vote is close, it would be ideal if a "default theme" (the current one) and an "original theme" (the old Scot's) are possible.  Although, the changes you've made are a very definite improvement so thank you for that.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Thanks, Corrine.

The issue here at this new board is that there is ONLY one theme, the default one. However, the good thing is that it can be tweaked and fiddled with to create something that maybe all of us could live with. I don't mind how it looks currently, but I also liked the old Scot's board theme, so I'm willing to go with the flow here and see what everyone wants. I'll let the poll stay open for a few days and see where it sits after that.

There are other themes available for this board, but they cost $$$. If anyone is interested in the available themes (dark ones, included), they can check them out on THIS site. Only themes for v4.4 should be considered. I'm not sure if older themes would work on this new board software. Oh, and there are some on that site that are free. If you see one of those you like, post a link to it here.

And a NOTE: I have not cleared additional themes with Scot. He may not want to deal with the extra baloney involved in uploading additional themes to his server, so... well, just keep that in mind.

securitybreach
18 minutes ago, sunrat said:

I'm happy with how it is. Looks attractive and functional.

I completely agree. After Eric did some tweaking, I think that it is perfect now so I voted for the current set up.

• Like 1

hmm, today the full editor showed when I went to reply here. (still on the same version of Palemoon and the same desktop computer I've been using). I have no idea what changed - I didn't change anything after trying the default theme, in PM, and disabling some add-ons which did nothing. I went back to my preferred PM theme and enabled the add-ons.

Full editor appeared on netbook and I also see the menu so no ctrl plus some key to toggle what I see.

I didn't vote because I'm on the fence. I like the old theme but I can also live with the new one now that I can turn off alerts. (phew!)

Edited by zlim
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Well, D***... I liked the border. It does what it's supposed to... highlight.

I made the banner about 20 pixels taller, too, so I could add the "Now entering our 17th year!" at the bottom.

---

So,

Like: 1 vote | Don't Like: 1 vote

We'll see if anyone else chimes in... or you can change it yourself if you can figure out how. NA-NA-NA-NA! ;)

I don't care for it. I liked the items you put on the right side of the forum title. First the snowman then the 2020 image.

Put 16+ years where the 2020 was then change it to 17 years in April when we hit that mark.

I just realized there is no longer any way to see the list of members. Unless I'm not looking in the correct place.

All that is visible is staff.

Edited by zlim
spelling
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

@sunrat... the entire banner is an image file. No other way to do it with this board's software.

@zlim... You are correct. There's no way for regular members to see the complete Members List; only Admins can access it, which I think sucks, but that's the way it is...

Anyway, well... the Nays have it. I'll return the banner to what it was.

• Like 1

Looks good!

Strange software. I don't think there is another forum I look in at that a logged in member can't see the other members that have joined.

I used to see about how many of the almost 5,000 listed members showed up in the past 2 years. It was always way under 50. Sad.

Edited by zlim

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, previously I had the post count thingie activated and you could see members post totals, but Corrine asked that it be removed, so...

V.T. Eric Layton

Yes, but previously, you could click on a button and see all the members and sort them by posts, last visited, etc.

• Thanks 1