New Forum Feedback

securitybreach

securitybreach

Good morning all. Since we have a new and fancy forum to play with, we thought it would be a good idea to make a thread listing any bugs or general feedback we may run across. That way we can work out any kinks and make any desired changes.

Thanks my friends.

• Like 1

securitybreach

Let me start the reporting...

Whenever you go to click the heart to "like" a post, if you choose the trophy from the popup, you get the following error.

ko0zVR6.png

It does post the trophy but the error shows up first.

Also I do not know if it is my set up or not, but when I load (reload) a page I get a slight "twitch" before it renders. See: https://i.imgur.com/wQHcN2q.mp4

Edited by securitybreach
The bug is not happening on another machine.
  • Like 1

securitybreach

Also, it would be nice if it told you who liked your post as I just got a like and the notification simply said "Someone liked your post".

Pete, it might not be ready yet. Under your profile, click the Activity tab then Unread Content and Following. There might be a way to exclude Computerworld from Following.

I know on some boards I go to, I only load the sections I'm interested in when I clicked Watched Forums. After I load those sections, I mark the board read without going into every section.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

OK, just got here a little while ago. Hmm... been some changes since I was on last.

My first issue was that I couldn't login. Fixed that. The next issue was my avatar disappeared. Fixed that, too.

Now I'm surfing around looking at things. It's quite a bit different from the ol' comfortable board. Old people just don't like change. I'm older today because it's my birthday.

Speaking of that...

I found a little tab opening arrow on the mid-page far left that allows you to add content blocks to the board pages. I added the Member Status thingy, the Who's Online thingy, and the Whose Birthday it is thingy to the right side of the forum area. On the bottom, I added the board statistics thingy. This makes things seem little more comfortable.

Anyway, still snooping around, poking things...

securitybreach
53 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I found a little tab opening arrow on the mid-page far left that allows you to add content blocks to the board pages. I added the Member Status thingy, the Who's Online thingy, and the Whose Birthday it is thingy to the right side of the forum area. On the bottom, I added the board statistics thingy. This makes things seem little more comfortable.

Anyway, still snooping around, poking things...

I do not see the arrow. 😕

well aside from 

there  is the messy, messy issue of customizing your streams. not at all easy to understand what is going on. I take it some things that are supposed to be doable are still in the shake out stage? For instance, the posts in this forum the past day did not show in the "unread content' though i did see the b'day and ComputerWorld news postings.

Edited by crp

If the background is too white, you can a) lower the brightness on the monitor or b) if you use FF, try this

https://www.techuntold.com/how-change-firefox-background-theme-wallpaper/

I just changed the background to gray. It does have an effect on everything. The blue banner at the top disappears and the lettering is now blue instead of white and black. I changed it back to white. I simply lower the brightness on my monitor/screen if a site seems too bright.

If you don't have the title Administrator, then the top section: Highlander Control Center Headquarters isn't showing.

I can no longer attach an image. I get I'm allowed 0MB.

I tried to show you what I see, which doesn't show the top section.

Edited by zlim
removed attachment

5 hours ago, securitybreach said:

It's not showing up for me and I tested it on 3 browsers. One with zero extensions enabled so it's being blocked by anything.

The arrow isn['t showing for me either and I also tried on 3 browsers.

Another thing I noticed is in order to quote that post, I had to first click the plus sign.  Merely clicking the word "Quote" didn't do anything.

securitybreach
14 minutes ago, Corrine said:

Another thing I noticed is in order to quote that post, I had to first click the plus sign.  Merely clicking the word "Quote" didn't do anything.

Clicking "Quote" just did for me but wasn't earlier.

V.T. Eric Layton
On 9/21/2019 at 6:02 PM, Corrine said:

Hmmm... weirdness. Usually, it's me with the browser issues on websites.

Oh, and clicking the "Quote" button works fine for me.

Let me check and see if I can use the image thingy... seems to work for me, but can only upload image less than 50K.

5yAfBjm.jpg

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah... this may be an administrator thing. I see the notice above in the sidebar that says, "Users will only see blocks they have permission to view."

Curiouser and curiouser. :(

Admin or Not Admin, may only be part of it.

I'm getting vastly different results on Firefox vs Edge.

The combined size of the screenshots exceeds my limit, so I can't show you the difference. Trying to put them in separate posts didn't work.

Edited by Pete!

V.T. Eric Layton

If you use a third party image server (like Imgur) and add images via ubb code into your postings, there is no limitation to size. Size only matters when you're trying to upload to the board's server.

Example of inline image:

bOWBRXf.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

If you use a third party image server (like Imgur) and add images via ubb code into your postings, there is no limitation to size. Size only matters when you're trying to upload to the board's server...

That wasn't my point. I wasn't complaining about the upload limits. Pictures would have helped but it wasn't really necessary.

My point was that if you guys are seeing different things, it could be explained if you're using different browsers.... The difference between Edge and Firefox were quite extreme, but other browsers might show more subtle differences.

Edited by Pete!

V.T. Eric Layton
3 hours ago, zlim said:

If drag files here to attach doesn't work, and it doesn't why show the blurb at the bottom of the response box? Remove it.

Well, it sorta' works. I can drag a file, but it says I can only 0 (Zero) MB. Hmm... that would be a really, really small file. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton
5 hours ago, Corrine said:

Menu Bar:  We're missing the ability to toggle BBCode on and off. 

Clicking the Source button will show you the HTML. This is an HTML coded board. You can utilize BBcode manually in your posts, but when you click B or I or other options in the menu editing bar, you're actually using HTML coding.