New Forum Feedback

securitybreach

V.T. Eric Layton

Do you use such a low res on a monitor that probably has a 1440 X 900 native resolution because it's easier for you to see the stuff on the screen? Just curious...

Do you use such a low res on a monitor...because it's easier for you to see

Yes. I could probably increase it but I have tons of wallpaper in that size so it is easier to keep the status quo. I don't wear glasses in the house and I sit far back from the monitor. I had cataract surgery in 2017 so I now see a lot better.

• Like 1

That just explained why I was seeing a different forum on Edge....

Since I usually use Firefox, I had the +s clicked enough so 76 year old eyes didn't need reading glasses to read comfortably. It showed me a more simplified set of buttons than Edge which had not been tampered with.

By hitting the minus sign a few times, more buttons appeared.

Fooling around ... 120% seems to be the magic number for my set up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

In the post editor (see images above in this thread), the Source button (on the far left) is clearly labeled. There are three editors available... Full (desktop), Medium (tablet), and Small (phones, etc.). You'll only see the Source button on the Full editor.

I don't remember what the emails were on the old board. This board doesn't use UBBCode. Although, it understands it when you manually post UBB in your posts, the board converts it to HTML.

No source button. Tried in both FF and Chromium. I can't even work out how to split the quote to reply to 2 separate points:

scots-reply-nosource.png

Old email:

scots-email-old.png

New email:
scots-email-new.png

V.T. Eric Layton
3 hours ago, sunrat said:

No source button. Tried in both FF and Chromium. I can't even work out how to split the quote to reply to 2 separate points

OK. That's weird. It's late, though. I'm going to have to think on this tomorrow.

On 9/28/2019 at 3:46 PM, V.T. Eric Layton said:

What? There are bazillions of emoticons. Use the little smiley button on the post editor toolbar to open a pull-down menu, then choose the other options available within the sub-menus.

E2E5pFG.png

What white background are you talking about here? Do you mean the white in the message area or the background of the board itself?

HZz0d7w.png

The huge white area as in the screen shot. As to emoticons, there are too many of them. I thought there were too many on the last forum but at least you could open up a small window with them and keep it open. Now you have to click click click every time, an there are too many choices. Now if you could just choose to have say ten of your favourites on show that would be great. I guess I could click on ten several times and they would show up in the recently used bar, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

B):fish::w00tx100::hysterical::thumbup:

Mind you the one I want is not available it seems,

09WwCXx.png

:th_banana_smiley_14:

Under emojis when the box comes up, click categories (far right at top) and select Emoticons. There are fewer to look through.  (183 as compared to 487)  Of course you could make a cheat sheet of just the ones you want.:bounce:

Edited by zlim
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

I recently noticed that if I start to type a post, and then decide NOT to post it, whatever I typed gets saved and appears in the dialog box the next time I start to post.

I don't believe I ever clicked any "save as draft" buttons.

Is there a user option to turn this off, or do I have to remember to delete it before I close the tab/window (every time).

• Agree 1

securitybreach

I have had this happen before with the Funniest.. thread. I will go open the dialog to post another image and the previous one with appear. I just assumed it was a bug of sorts

V.T. Eric Layton

There are no settings that I know of in the board software to toggle this on/off. However, I don't believe it's a bug. It's a feature. No... seriously. It's auto-draft set up so you don't lose a post if something happens to your system, Internet connection, of the board server burps momentarily. I've seen this feature on quite few other forums/boards here and there on the Net.

securitybreach
6 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

There are no settings that I know of in the board software to toggle this on/off. However, I don't believe it's a bug. It's a feature. No... seriously. It's auto-draft set up so you don't lose a post if something happens to your system, Internet connection, of the board server burps momentarily. I've seen this feature on quite few other forums/boards here and there on the Net.

Well if it were a feature, it wouldn't appear on new comments after the original post was made. I get saving drafts but saving completed posts in new comments is a bug IMO.

I think it is part of the forum software. This happens to me at another forum using the same software.

I'll visit a thread 2 days later and up pops everything I typed that I decided not to post in that thread from 2 days earlier.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton
4 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Well if it were a feature, it wouldn't appear on new comments after the original post was made.

I'm not reading you here, but that's probably my fault at the moment... if you know wut ah mean, bro. 😜

But, in the meantime, here's a good tune you can listen to...

Ventura Highway - America 🎸