New Forum Feedback

securitybreach

Notifications --> untick everything you don't want in there

Except there are 3 things, with toggles below notifications, as I showed way back on page 1 that the administration will not allow me to toggle off.

One of these is Notifications for "someone gives reputation to something I posted". THANK_YOU! I just had another look and I now have the ability to toggle off the things that annoyed me. Yeah!!!

I did notice you changing the spacing. Thank you! I hate it when I press enter and I get a blank line rather than just a start of a new paragraph.

As far as leaderboard, I'm neutral. On or off, it doesn't matter.

Edited by zlim
new thought

securitybreach
1 hour ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I agree. If there is some way to disable the Leaderboard BS, would you like me to do it?

Nah, no need to do that. Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton
8 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

Man, you're on the ball.

Nah... it just so happens that what most of y'all are complaining or commenting about are also the same things that are annoying me. Needed to fix. :)

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh, you may also have noticed that I managed to find the settings to remove the profile info clutter that was being displayed in every member's posts on the left sidebar (by your avatar and username). Took care of that. Makes things looks so much cleaner and less cluttered, I think. :)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton
7 hours ago, Corrine said:

Yes, please.

Heh! I didn't turn it off completely, Corrine, but I tweaked it so that it's pretty much that way it was on the old board... just top posters, top reputation listings.

It's OFF now, Corrine. Discussion about this waiting for you on my log thread in the Admin area. :)

By the way, for all you folks still dealing with the Notifications issues. I made some changes that allow you to more finely tune your settings in Accounts --> Notifications. You can now get just regular notifications or notifications via email also. Go to those settings and turn on/off whatever you'd like to make your experience here better for you.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, like I told Josh earlier... most of the stuff you guys are having issues with are the same things that are driving me nuts. MUST FIX! ;)

• Like 1

securitybreach

Wasn't there a limitation with the old forum as well? I had never had luck so just always used an image hosting site and just posted the thumbnail.

V.T. Eric Layton
3 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

Wasn't there a limitation with the old forum as well? I had never had luck so just always used an image hosting site and just posted the thumbnail.

Limitation regarding what?

Oh, duh... images.

Yeah, there's a size limitation on what's displayed for offsite images. I forget what it is right now. I'll check...

Looks like max image size to display is 1000 X 750. This is offsite display. There's also a limit to uploaded image sizes. It's very small due to trying to save server space. I don't usually upload images because I don't want to pollute my host's (Scot) server. I usually post using Imgur offsite links.

V.T. Eric Layton

OK, been busy...

I made some further color tweaks to the board. Like? Don't Like? Thoughts?

I also added a new editor skin called MoonoColor. It allowed for some more tools on the editing toolbar that you see when you post. Hope you like it. Don't Like it? Let me know.

Anyway, as always... feedback needed. Speak your piece. :)

V.T. Eric Layton
28 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

Waaay too colorful for me!

That's doesn't tell me anything. Should I just make the whole board monochrome. You need to tell me specifically what's too colorful... the headers? the menus? the fonts? the background?

V.T. Eric Layton

Also, no one has mentioned the spiffy new editor that I d-loaded and installed. It's a heck of a lot nicer and more useful than the vanilla version that was here originally...

qETpI9k.png

• Like 2

So why doesn't my reply window look like yours?

d1dc181320757768.jpg

oops, I was going to ask for a preview button but I see the far right icon is just that. Now all I have to do is try and remember that. <sigh>

Edited by zlim
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Umm... the new toolbar is only on the full-sized editor. If you're using Fast Reply or a device (phone, tablet, etc.), you will only see the standard toolbar in the editor.

• V.T. Eric Layton pinned this topic
securitybreach
3 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Also, no one has mentioned the spiffy new editor that I d-loaded and installed. It's a heck of a lot nicer and more useful than the vanilla version that was here originally...

qETpI9k.png

Nice, I haven't had to edit so I hadn't notice. Nice :thumbsup: