Tech writer likes Xfce

sunrat

Holy crap, they are still around: https://www.spencersonline.com/

I just took a look at this....they're selling the same stuff they sold when I was a kid....in some cases it could be the same stuff, they just sorta went overboard on stocking the warehouse.

"Boss, trust me on this....there'll be a Lava Lamp in every home!!"

• Like 1

> ... my whole Spencer's experience was late 60's to late 70's. Are you experienced?

Fond memories of this,

https://en.wikipedia...Marks_&_Spencer

Mind you we called it by several names depending on where you lived. :breakfast:

I don't remember shopping at M&S when I was there (mid 80's) but I did shop at boots.png

Edited by wa4chq
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

..they're selling the same stuff they sold when I was a kid...

Heh! I also remember that they had a kinky sex toy aisle at the mall store; kinky for that time period, anyway. The young boys with raging hormones would visit that aisle often and dream. ;)

• Like 2

Heh! I also remember that they had a kinky sex toy aisle at the mall store; kinky for that time period, anyway. The young boys with raging hormones would visit that aisle often and dream. ;)

Now I think you have to show an I.D. to go down that aisle....

• Like 1

securitybreach

D*** adults, always ruining the fun.. :hysterical:

I am glad that I grew up in a time when kids did dangerous things like built ramps and see how high you could launch off of it. I got hurt so many times as a kid.. In the summer, we were not allowed indoors during the day. "Here is jug of kool-aide, have fun." and we wouldn't come home till dark. Nowadays, parents get arrested for letting their kid play in the front yard without supervision.

• Like 3

D*** adults, always ruining the fun.. :hysterical:

I am glad that I grew up in a time when kids did dangerous things like built ramps and see how high you could launch off of it. I got hurt so many times as a kid.. In the summer, we were not allowed indoors during the day. "Here is jug of kool-aide, have fun." and we wouldn't come home till dark. Nowadays, parents get arrested for letting their kid play in the front yard without supervision.

Ain't that the truth! Glad I'm not an adult growing up now! :teehee:

• Like 3

ummm....yeah....... that's what I'm talking about :blink2:..... I remember seeing that ^^^ at Spencers Gifts, in the Black-Light poster section...

HAHAHA! Spencer's Gifts.... that brings back some memories trolling the mall when I was 13 years old. Spencer's was a fav hangout for the pothead crowd, of which I was a certified member at that time. ;)

"was" ?
  • Like 1

securitybreach

ummm....yeah....... that's what I'm talking about :blink2:..... I remember seeing that ^^^ at Spencers Gifts, in the Black-Light poster section...

HAHAHA! Spencer's Gifts.... that brings back some memories trolling the mall when I was 13 years old. Spencer's was a fav hangout for the pothead crowd, of which I was a certified member at that time. ;)

"was" ?

Well not many people go to the mall anymore.

V.T. Eric Layton

"was" ?

Yup. Was. I haven't touched the stuff since 1985.

Well not many people go to the mall anymore.

I can't even remember the last time I was in a mall. It's probably been 10 years or more.

• Like 1