Debian Linux founder Ian Murdock dies at 42

abarbarian

https://www.zdnet.com/article/debian-linux-founder-ian-murdock-dies-at-42-cause-unknown/

He appears to have died that night, Monday, December 28. At the time of this writing, the cause of death still remains unknown.

His death is a great loss to the open-source world. He created Debian, one of the first Linux distributions and still a major distro; he also served as an open-source leader at Sun; as CTO for the Linux Foundation, and as a Docker executive. He will be missed.

There seems to be a mystery surrounding his death. Whatever the cause a sad loss. :breakfast:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Umm... you do know that this happened three years ago, right?

December 30, 2015 - date of linked article above.

Still... it was/is a sad thing. :(

• Like 1

securitybreach

Yeah, I was very confused. He was posting some weird things on twitter not long before it was announced that he had died.

Blimey where does the time go. I guess I had better make stop smoking me new year resolution. :228823:

• Like 1

Blimey where does the time go. I guess I had better make stop smoking me new year resolution. :228823:

Have you tried vaping? I haven't touched a ciggie for months. It takes a bit to work out what style of vaper you are and which device and flavours you prefer, but slowly all the tobacco toxins will leave your body and you will feel more alive and wonder why you ever smoked.

You are welcome to my advice and encouragement if you wish to explore vaping. ;)