Installed New Theme on my Website...

ross549

Do you get a scollbar on the bottom of your browser window?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I installed a new theme on my website, and it looks really good, but I have not yet been able to figure out why I am getting a scrollbar on the bottom of my Mozilla window. I have done some digging through the templates, but have found nothing yet.Let me know if you have a bottom scrollbar!Click here to check.If you get a scrollbar on the bottom of your browser, let me know what browser and operating system you are using. Thanks!Adam

Pretty slick way to get visitors to your site, Adam. :P Yes, I see a scrollbar at the bottom, but it only scrolls an eighth of an inch, if that. Perhaps one of your links in HTML is too long(?). FF 1.0 in XP at the moment.

Well, I am not trying to drive people to my site, just trying to figure out what is causing the problem with the scrollbar...... I will be looking into this further this afternoon.

Firefox 1.0 shows the scroll bar because you have set a width attribute of 100% for the <body> element. And then you've set table widths of 100%. This will always cause the content to stretch as wide it can be when the browser window is not maximized. Hence, Mozilla based browsers will interpret this behaviour correctly and add scroll bars to the browser window. IE appears to be broken on this, but you get what you wanted. There's some irony here in having buggy software behaving the way you'd like it too. :P

But why do you need to set the body width? It would just be as easy to set the margins for body to say 0 or whatever you want it to be. It should still work the same way. As long as you set the first table to 100% it should do what you want.

hmm.... I just dug through the entire source for the main page, and the only instances of 100% were assigned to tables or table cells. The body tage does not seem to have any specific width assigned to it.....

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">

<body bgcolor="#ffffff"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">

Oops. Didn't see the first table tag there. Hmm... :P

If nothing else works, I'll let you borrow my old disclaimer:

This site has been constructed from various pieces of other websites I found abandoned in my alley. Most parts have been repainted and checked for rust. This site is best viewed using a computer. Operating system and browser are optional.
B)

No Scroll in either Galeon, Konqueror or Mozilla ( Linux ) Adam B) . . even if I make the window only half the monitor size, still no scrollbar ;)( I should have been able to vote 3 times, shouldn't I ?? ):) Bruno

Look for the following code:

<tr class="bg_medium">   <td colspan="2" align="right" valign="top"><font color="#ffffff"> </font>   </td> </tr>

Remove the align="right" atrribute.

• 1 month later...