Culling and Banning some Threads.

Ozidave

I'm sorry, I've participated in a lot of political discussion on the web and I have yet to encounter ANY PLACE where the discussion did not get contentious. People on both sides of the line have strong beliefs and many believe/fear that we live in turbulent times where issues such as are being discussed are critically important to the future of this country.

Many people just don't enjoy contentious discussions of any type
THEN STAY OUT OF THE FORUM! Sheese. How many times does this have to be restated?
and don't want to see us provide a venue for them here
Because they either don't agree with "some" postings or believe that as long as they keep their small heads buried in the ground, everything in this little slice of the world will perfect. There's a famous quote for that attitude - "ignorance is bliss".T-Bird, please point me to that forum you reference. I would like to scan it.

Because this forum is governed by a consensus opinion of moderators and members, and seeing how the vast majority of comments favored the removal of the P & CA forum, that is what has been done. See the forum announcements for the official explanation.Should anyone wish to continue discussions of a political or religious nature, please do not do so here. There are many forums on the Web where such topics are welcome.

THEN STAY OUT OF THE FORUM! Sheese. How many times does this have to be restated?
Since this forum is meant to be inclusive, not exclusive, that's the best argument yet to close that particular forum.