The Faux Interview

ibe98765

Guest Paracelsus

May work in IT and Business...But not in Engineering/Production or the Physical Sciences.I'd be hard put to get any lab work done if I only gave the Techs I hire, Faux Interviews.And I've been quite fortunate in my career.The last time I interviewed for a position was January 1981 :fish:

Same here.  Dead link.
Hmmm. I just tested the link again and it works fine for me. Might you all be using FF? I'm using Slim Browser (IE clone).

I was...But just tried IE6 and the same little box shows in the upper left hand corrner of the page at the URL :w00t:
What's this box look like and what does it say? An image would help.

May work in IT and Business...But not in Engineering/Production or the Physical Sciences.I'd be hard put to get any lab work done if I only gave the Techs I hire, Faux Interviews.And I've been quite fortunate in my career.The last time I interviewed for a position was January 1981  :w00t:
The point is, for those who didn't get it, is that companies are using interviews as a way to get free consulting help. They present one or more problems and ask how the candidate would solve the problem. The candidate spills his guts in hopes of getting the job. But the company never had any intentionof hiring anyone. They just wanted to pick some brains... :angry:

Guest Paracelsus
authfail.gif'er ya go now.BTW...I get it. But as I editorialized...The concept doesn't hold in all endeavors.Then there's always the question of the quality of the brains they're picking. The joke may be on them...in the end.

follow teachers instructions and you can see it .

teacher Posted on Nov 9 2004, 04:48 PM I could not get a link to work but by looking at what he had I did this:http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/Click on ComicsClick on Rhymes with OrangeClick on October 24That brings up what he was trying to show. They have it blocked so you can not show the image or link directly to the page. crying.gif

Of course you all realize that IBE posted this broken link just so someone would show him how to link properly link to the article......
Noooooooooooooooooo.... :angry: I always try to post a direct link to comics because as you can see on this site, they only offer 30 days backward. After that time frame, people who look for the comic through the link chain will not find it!The direct link still works perfectly for me and I do not understand what is driving that message about "Authorization Failure"????? What is doing the "Authorization"?

that companies are using interviews as a way to get free consulting help. They present one or more problems and ask how the candidate would solve the problem.
We were doing that 10 yrs ago. Worked with consulting firms also. That way some of the time spent interviewing wasn't a complete waste.BTW The URL that comes up from the opening link is:
http://est.rbma.com/content_server/authfail.gif?scotsnewsletter.com&Rhymes_with_Orange

which obviously isn't what was given.You may have to register to access the site or they may simply have code to ensure people navigate thru all the pages and not just cherry pick.

Guest Paracelsus

That's cool with me.I've know I'm weird since I was about 10.Weirdness is a characteristic I've actively cultivated over the years... and I relish my weirdness. :angry:

nlinecomputers
So WHY does the link work for me?  I'm not registered with them and don't have any cookies I can attribute to them.
Because it is cached on your system?

You may have to register to access the site or they may simply have code to ensure people navigate thru all the pages and not just cherry pick.
Registration is not required.... but they may have a script or something in place the prevents the site from displaying the image when a browser session is not active.

Though I use the PC term "unique".
How Peculiar! ^_^
:lol: Quirky even. :D BTW Paracelsus As an aside, I have a hard time seeing the addition to your signature. Could you select a darker shade or color?
Registration is not required.... but they may have a script or something in place the prevents the site from displaying the image when a browser session is not active.
I agree. It appears to be script induced. Not unusual. What is weird/pecular is that it works, repeatedly, for ibe98765. It's possible he never shuts down his browser so once he has gained access to it there is a temporary cookie set that allows him to return to it directly.