No more Free posting of Photo Bucket Pictures on 3rd party sites.

mhbell

Thought it might be a problem that I was using Windows to link but I can see it fine in Linux as well. Don't know why you can't see it Liz.

I signed up for Imgur but I don't really trust them either. They are ad supported and do a lot of data mining. No way to pay to turn the ads off so you have to use an adblocker.

I'm going to move my critical photos over to my own site. It might be slower but there are no bandwidth and storage capacity limits.

Photobucket hasn't got a way to make money from all the folks who embed photos elsewhere so they have tried extortion. At least they'll get rid of their problem that way.

sammy2003.jpg

This is a photo off my own site.

An a very pretty picture it is too. :breakfast:

I signed up for Imgur but I don't really trust them either. They are ad supported and do a lot of data mining. No way to pay to turn the ads off so you have to use an adblocker.

I'm going to move my critical photos over to my own site. It might be slower but there are no bandwidth and storage capacity limits.

Photobucket hasn't got a way to make money from all the folks who embed photos elsewhere so they have tried extortion. At least they'll get rid of their problem that way.

sammy2003.jpg

This is a photo off my own site.

An a very pretty picture it is too. :breakfast:

Sammy (1999-2015) Best.Purr.Ever.

• Like 1

Well I have downloaded my 1.4 GB of images from Photobucket and I have copied them to my two fast desktops so I can work on my blog. Only 300 odd posts to reconfigure.

All my embeds were not broken, and I have nearly 18 months to migrate everything so it's doable - but annoying.

I have learned a valuable lesson - never trust a cloud storage provider for anything - even if you pay.

I can see it on the netbook I'm currently on but I didn't make the security change that I made on my desktop.

I'll need to find the article that said to disallow earlier versions of tls because they are not secure.

I wrote down the setting I changed

about:config

security.tls.version.min replace 1 with 3.

• 4 weeks later...
Cluttermagnet

Imgur has been pretty seamless for me. Reliable. Urmas put me onto them a

few years ago, I have not regretted the move at all.

Photo-outaluckett is causing folks a lot of pain and inconvenience. They will be out

of business soon enough. The exodus has begun...

Clutter

• Like 3