He's not been here in a couple of years, but, he passed away on February 7th. :(

I definitely remember him. I particularly remember having a conversation with him around here somewhere regarding his cool avatar. It's a pic of Joe Strummer (of The Clash) smashing his guitar on stage. It was also the album cover for The Clash's absolutely legendary London Calling album.

clash-london-calling.jpg

Very sorry to hear about siljaline's early check out. :(

siljaline's profile --> http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showuser=3054

R.I.P., brother.

• Like 1

His personal blog hasn't been updated since 2014 either. Hope he was just busy, not ill for 2 years. RIP.

Yes, although he drifted away from here, siljaline/Randy has been very busy. He has continued providing information about updates and spent a lot of time helping people with ESET -- his absolute all-time favorite A/V. He was also busy with his consulting business.

• Like 3

Yes, although he drifted away from here, siljaline/Randy has been very busy. He has continued providing information about updates and spent a lot of time helping people with ESET -- his absolute all-time favorite A/V. He was also busy with his consulting business.

Very cool, wish I would of known him..

Mac, how did you find out about this?

He was very active on the Security sub-forum at DSLReports, and a member there posted that he had died. I remembered that he had posted here at Scot's.

• Like 2

He was very active on the Security sub-forum at DSLReports, and a member there posted that he had died. I remembered that he had posted here at Scot's.

He was also active on the Software forum at DSLReports which is why I didn't know which forum was best to post the info. I messaged the Mod and let him decide which was most appropriate. I thought about posting here but didn't think anyone would remember him since he hadn't been around for several years. I'm glad you remembered him, Mac and started this thread.

• Like 2