Intuit droping DRM and Product Activation!

zox

good riddance! i switched to TaxWiz for the past 2 years because of QuickTax's stupid DRM use. I had to re-load QuickTax to check an old return I did and had to phone in and go thru hassle of re-activating software I bought a long time ago and didnt have receipt on hand. Plus their stupid 5 returns only is a joke too. Who cares if I choose to make returns for my friends and family too. That's my choice, its my PC, and my software.I doesnt matter, they already lost me as a customer. Taxwiz is cheaper and better and respects your privacy.

That is good news. I had delayed removing the final part from my computer when I had to go to an amended return for my sister. I sure was glad I had not dumped the whole thing and removed the code. I just ignored the registration stuff and it printed fine. I did lose the state stuff though. After years of using their products, I was looking for another way to go. I guess if everyone gets together and complains, they eventually listen. What's next? Bill G - are you listening?

Well that just plain stinks....I'm really into intrusive, restrictive and inconvenient software.
LOL :lol: :lol: You're right LilBambi, they say they are looking into other ways for next tax season.Who knows what's next in store, I say stick with software that is not so intrusive and have trust in you as a customer.

It's about time Intuit pulls it's head out of it's rear. Next year I was going to go to a different tax software company if they were going to expand on the DRM/Activation issue.

Guest LilBambi
Well that just plain stinks....I'm really into intrusive, restrictive and inconvenient software.
LOL :D :D You're right LilBambi, they say they are looking into other ways for next tax season.Who knows what's next in store, I say stick with software that is not so intrusive and have trust in you as a customer.
Yep, me too zox! :D