HomePlug

Ncut

I am interested in trying HomePlug to link my house with a neighbors.  We are both on the same transformer.  Has anyone tried HomePlug?
I used one in an office a couple of years ago, but with the advent 54-108 mbit wirless, it was pulled from service. I believe the powerline systems are still limited to 14mbit. How far away is your neighbor? There are ways to extend the range of wireless.

The problem is lign of sight. Although they are only 100 feet away, there is a cement block house in between with aluminum studding. Tried wireless, didn't work.

HomePlug works, provided you are stratified with the Speed, and researching well what are your needs and the prices.While the basic units are not expensive, any additional hardware like Bridges and Routers might.In addition there are old models of HomePlugs that would not work if connected to two individual electrical systems, even if they are on the same side of the Utility neighborhood transformer. I.e. what ever you get make sure that it is returnable if it does not work. :P