Using Nero 6: copy disk or create Iso?

Shamgar

If you're just creating a single copy of a disk, then it's easiest to use Disk Copy... Creating the ISO is handy if you want to keep a backup of your CD on your harddrive, OR if you're burning the same CD multiple times. :thumbsup:

James M. Fisher
When using Nero 6, how do you decide between the function "Create Iso" or the function "Disk Copy" to make a copy of another disk?
Where is "Create ISO" option in Nero 6? I thought Nero only made it's own images....

Where is "Create ISO" option in Nero 6? I thought Nero only made it's own images....
Hi James, Temmu,I've burned a few CD's back to .iso files on the HD with Nero... v5.5 though.It's under Nero / More / Save tracks to HD / Settings / .nrg or .iso..... While the Menu looks like it's mainly for saving music... It'll handle any file(s). :) PcLos cuts back from the bootable-CD, to exactly the same as the original ISO. B) Edited by Ozidave

James M. Fisher
It's under Nero / More / Save tracks to HD / Settings / .nrg or .iso..... While the Menu looks like it's mainly for saving music... It'll handle any file(s). B)
I can't find anything remotely similar in Nero 6...maybe I'm blind.... :wacko:

James... Start up the disk copy, and then go to more | Save Tracks | select your drive (if you've got more than one) and then in the output file format, you can choose ISO

James M. Fisher
James... Start up the disk copy, and then go to more | Save Tracks | select your drive (if you've got more than one) and then in the output file format, you can choose ISO
I'm still not sure where you find the "More" button Ryan:nero.jpgI just have to option to save as an .nrg Nero image...

OK, I see it now Ryan!  :)
You ain't seen nuthin' yet, my friend!  ^_^
Hi James, :">I didn't mention Nero Express because we were talking two different versions... but I did think that they would not have left that option out in an upgrade.Anyway! question?Is there any difference with .nro and .iso that matters when you are only using .nro to burn CD's from your own PC?. I mean it's different if you are posting the files, as not everyone uses Nero?. :(

James M. Fisher
Is there any difference with .nro and .iso that matters when you are only using .nro to burn CD's from your own PC?. I mean it's different if you are posting the files, as not everyone uses Nero?. ^_^
I wouldn't think so Dave. None that I know of anyway.