"The page cannot be displayed"

memesuze

For the last week or so, when I click on a url in a forum topic, here or in Lockergnome or at eGullet, the new window begins to open the page, stalls, then gives me the "The page cannot be displayed" error message. If I click on refresh, the page immediately opens properly. It doesn't happen each and every time I click and open a new window, about half to two-thirds. This behavior also occurs on occasion when I attempt to open one of those boards, all serviced by Invision, as occurred tonight when I first visited SNF.I'm using W98SE, and Internet Explorer [i know, I need to move to Firefox, but I haven't set aside the time to do it yet] on a Roadrunner connection.This behavior is completely new, I'm up-to-date with my NAV and its scans, I've done my weekly updating and scanning with Spybot and AdAware with only a few cookies reported as of interest.So what gives?

nlinecomputers

I'd go ahead and install Firefox simply as a diagnostic tool. If it has the same problems then this is likely something at the hardware level. If it surfs on then something in IE is borked up. One thing you might try is to visit dslreports.com. They have line tests and tweak tests that can check to see if your system is having connection problems or is misconfigured for good dsl speeds. Pages not loading sounds like DNS problems and that might be a from a poor connection.