Vive La Linux Dolce

Peachy

What do you do with your Linux Box?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How much does it pay Julia ? We�ll do it together, get those students a Linux...tattoo on both their arms and lower backside !;) Bruno
Have an idea for the tatoos: :rolleyes: limp-tux.gif

I am growing crazy! I know I posted a response here but I can't find it. They say the mind is the first thing to go!

get those students a Linux piercing and a Mandrake tattoo on both their arms and lower backside !
Don't even suggest it! Next thing, chains would be signing up to take the class. Hear the word "tattoo" and she comes running. Of course, "piercing" has the same effect.
How much does it pay Julia ? We´ll do it together.
Not enough. It would be considered part of my normal pay. I did find one class I could teach under the state guidelines - Networking in Linux. After all, why should I start off small? :rolleyes: ________________________Teachers can do Anything ;)

QuintYou have done it again. Once again you have come up with the perfect picture. It looks like those would hurt as tattoos. I have never seen one with white ink (not that I have looked too close). Placement of the limp tattoo would deter many. :rolleyes: __________________________Not into piercings and tattoos

I had to go back and look at this thread.  It took me a while to find it.  Gee, when did a few weeks become a long time ago? :P  Way back around May 12 I said I started looking at Linux because I figured I would be asked to teach it someday.Guess what????? Yesterday I got a call asking if I would do an independent study for two students on Linux for a semester! ;)  :P That gave me a good laugh.  I came up with a politically correct answer to say "Not yet".  I figured I need to know just a little bit more before I start trying to teach it.  To top all that off, can you even hook a Linux machine up to a Novell network?  I don't think I am ready to try that one yet!_________________________________Had my laugh for the day ;)
Afraid the prospects are less than ideal: :rolleyes: Linux-Novell

ThunderRiverThere are so many more fine things you could use in Linux. And the bonus is they are free.B) Bruno

• 2 months later...

Well it's hard to choose between "I do everything with it" and "workstation for home/work." At home, I do everything with my RH 7.3 box. I don't even dual-boot, though I keep a separate hard drive that boots XP just in case I have to do some work-related stuff at home. At work, my main development machine is XP. Although I have a second machine which runs RH 8, I don't use it nearly as frequently as my XP box.

I dual boot with Mandrake 9.1 and WinMe for now, but WinMe is getting closer to the door every day.I have a few things to figure out, like an internet call management with Linux, getting my scanner to work with Linux, and prying my teenage daughter away from windows and I'll be all set. ;) My son wanted to get rid of Windows the day we put the knoppix cd in and booted up.I just talked my nephew into trying Linux, burnt the Mandrake cd's for him just last night. I knew he was getting hooked, everytime the computer was free he was booting it into Linux and looking around B)