If you use Galeon in Mandrake 10

Bruno

If you use Galeon In Mandrake 10 and like the contextmenu on rightclick: DON'T DO THE LATEST UPDATES of Mozilla and Libnss in the MCC posted today.Because though Galeon will still work . . . the mouse middle button and the right button do not react on links anymore !!The only cure for it will be uninstalling libnss3-1.6.12-1.100, mozilla, galeon, evolution . . and going back to the old libnss3-1.6.12 and after that re-install previous Mozilla, Galeon and Evolution versions . . . and I tell you . . . you don't want to go through all this ! ;)B) Bruno

Thanks for the warning, though I don't use Galeon. I think Galeon is my default in Slackware when I click on a link in Thunderbird, for some reason.I use Firefox which comes with it's own unique quirks.

If you use FireFox or Mozilla itself you can safely get the updates . . they react on the mouse as they always did . . . so there all is okay . . . . Only Galeon is affected by this ( I use it as second browser for downloading, my primary is Konqueror B) )B) Bruno

And you did the updates ??B) :rolleyes: :(Start with removing libnss3-1.6.12-1.100mdk . . that will remove all the others too . . Then install libnss3-1.6.12.mdk ( watch the number !!! ) first . . you will get a warning about a key from the CD ( you need 2 and 3 ) just tell it to install anyway.Then install Mozilla 1.6 ( the one from CD ! ) Galeon and Evolution . . . ( all from CD and not the updfate source ! Check the numbers) You will get the same key-error every time, but by now you know what to do ;)B) Bruno

All I can say is that was not easy. Step by step..... It also removed Gaim. Step by step I reinstalled them all. Disk 2, Disk 3, Disk 2, Disk 4, Disk 2, Disk 3, Disk 4, Disk 2, Disk4, Disk 3....... on and on and on but they all came off the disks as long as I avoided the .100 versions of everything. ;)My right click and middle clicks have returned! :w00tx100:Julia

Julia: I know . . . it is ugly . . . that is why I said in my first post:

you don't want to go through all this !
. . . . I had to do this whole routine on 2 systems :(Neil:No Idea what the real cause was, my guess is that it was libnss3 . . . because my cooker install has a version libnss3-1.7-6mdk ( Mozilla 1.7 ) and galeon 1.3.17-1 and is 100% fine with it . . . I even tried Mozilla 1.7 ( and libnss3-1.7 ) from club-test but that removed Galeon all together and I could not find a matching Galeon . . . so then I went back step by step uninstalling and getting errors on install that the libnss3 was no good . . . so then finally I returned to the "old" libnss3 and that did let me install the 'ol Moz + Galeon + Evolution . . . I tell you it took me a good hour to figure it out and have it working again.B) BrunoPS: The libnss3-1.6.12 was fine . . it is the libnss3-1.6.12-1 that caused this

You got my attention bruno I havent done the updates yet but i was going to check MDK for updates . I dont use galeon any more i am using firefox now but i do use evolution as my email client . should i worry ? :) :lol: