Monitors pro/con

longgone

I need some input on this question. I am thinking about doing away with my current monitor and using the TV I just got as both a TV and the monitor for my desktop via the HDMI ports. Will there be any noticeable changes in the video when I do this?

securitybreach

Well the refresh rate will not be as fast on the tv as it is on the monitor but unless your gaming, you won't really notice that part.

Eric ,,, I still be here ,, hope you had a Happy New Year ,,, read that article and it pretty much answers everything I was concerned about.

securitybreach ,,,, Not to much into these games unless they are already done for a computer ,,, I am not one to go out and get the latest version of "whatever is hot".

The main /primary reason is that my current monitor is an HP2010i (20 inch) and my new HDTV is a 32 inch and since I live in an RV it will be no further than 4-5 feet from me. I just want bigger, and fwiw the TV is good for 1080.

So,,, now to do the hook up ,,, thanks for the input ,,, now time to go to work.

• Like 3

One problem you may have (at least with Nvidia cards) is that the card sends a Limited range of colors to the TV (or even a monitor) if connected via HDMI. You can change it for a monitor by a tweak in the video card control center. I did this and my video display on the monitor was much improved - especially with brightness and contrast. This may not be a big a problem with a TV.